iphone 6 plus one handed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anonymous4a, Nov 30, 2014.

1. anonymous4a macrumors 6502

I know people have mentioned that it's possible to use one handed , but can you get real work done using it comfortably one handed ?

2. thecore762 macrumors regular

I have medium sized hands and for me its impossible to text with one hand on the plus.

You can go through social media sites and watch videos and do other stuff no problem...

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I can but I do like to use two hands most of the time.

We do have the 'reachability' option too.

4. primolabo macrumors member

primolabo

I use it just as I used my 5 - one handed when forced to do so, not very often, after a few days of muscles streching it's absolutely OK - however, I type much faster with both hands.

5. mgs315 macrumors member

I can use it one handed at a push (UK size 9 hands) but I've always typed two handed when on a keyboard on a phone due to the speed increase experienced when doing so. As a result the 6+ is even easier to use for me than previous phones.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have what I guess you call average man hands, and I find it nearly impossible to fully use the IP6+ one handed. Some tasks are easier then others one handed. Typing is not one of those. Playing solitaire is barely feasible one handed.

The larger phablet is not made imo, for one handed operation and I realized that before taking the plunge. I do miss that aspect of the smaller phones, but that need is less then it used to be. I commute less and work from home more lately.

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I have found that voice dictation works quite well for a quick text reply at a light. I seldom text with one hand even with the 5 or 6. The Plus just takes a little adaptation.

8. buntym macrumors member

I have reasonably large hands. Typing one handed is quite easy for me, especially after installing Swype.

9. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Comfortably not.

10. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I can do a fare amount one-handed, but cannot really type as a few letters and numbers are not reachable. I can easily surf and start/run most apps. Read email, but not so easy to delete email.

11. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

Agreed.......I have big hands but cannot comfortably use my 6+ one handed.
    I don't use my phone while driving......well not much anyway! For me the advantages of the larger phone outweigh the advantages of the smaller phone.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The most one handed uses I have to use it for, is when I commute and I generally don't need to do that any more as I work from home. When I do commute, its general email reading solitaire on the train and/or selecting my music. Even so, while possible, you cannot easily use it one handed - at least I cannot.

13. appleforme macrumors member

I just got a Speck Candyshell Grip for my 6+. Since it has so much grip, I've found myself moving back to one-handed use almost exclusively. It's amazing how easy it is to type one handed when you have a good grip on the device. I still have to move the device around in my hand to move around the screen, but I no longer have the fear of dropping the phone when doing so.

14. primolabo macrumors member

primolabo

for me, it's exactly the opposite. naked feels best and I manage to type every key with my thumb. I needed more or less 4 days to stretch my palm this way. I am a 5'8 female. however, my fingers are long... when I compare my flat palm with the plus, it's about 3 cm shorter...

15. ot73nl macrumors member

I have no problem to use it one handed if the phone is in the case (apple leather).

16. davewolfs macrumors regular

17. HenryDJP macrumors 603

I don't understand why this is such an issue. I used two hands with my 4S. To each his own but limited on-handed use should not be a deal breaker on such an amazing phone as the 6 Plus.

18. Nokaoi macrumors regular

I really don't get the point of this thread OP? You say you knew how it was gonna be before you took the dive. You also say you don't do that much work on it.

Sounds like a wasted thread to me.

To answer your question: On my 6+ 1 one handed texting with swype, two handed gaming and one handed document editing with either pages by Apple or Microsoft word.

19. Ibaorus macrumors member

For me, no. When I tried 6 Plus, I always felt that I'm about to drop it when using it with one hand.

I think it's not a problem if you have big hands tho.