iPhone iPhone 6 Plus pairing

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by johnminneapolis, Oct 2, 2014.

1. johnminneapolis macrumors newbie

To whom it may concern, I was so excited to by a new iPhone that I thought would be a game changer It was, it changed my mind in buying Apple products. I purchased the phone on the 30th of September, took a day to get used to it and than attempted to pair it with my new 2014 F350 2 2009 Ford Escapes with no luck and over five hours of effort.

I returned the phone today as I need a working phone for work. My iPhone 5s paired in less than 2 minutes and worked right every time. The new phone must not have been fully tested, there are a lot of messages on the Internet about Fords, BMW's and more. How is it Apple could release a new phone that just does not work! I wonder how many have been returned in the past two weeks. This would be an interesting statistic. Samsung is a great alternative, it may not sync with all Apple products but heck it works!

John

2. wongster macrumors regular

my iPhone 6 paired with my 2009 mercedes ml350 just fine.

3. johnminneapolis thread starter macrumors newbie

iPhone pairing

I guess if you buy and expensive phone and car they just work, the working class deserve better!

4. Solver macrumors 6502a

This is just a negative side effect of Apple being so darn secret about things. Only a very select few were able to test out even some the permutations of many complex features in the iPhone 6 before it was released to the public. I doubt many of them even attempted pairing these phones with blue-tooth enabled cars.

I hear that iOS 8.1 (beta) does blue-tooth better.

5. johnminneapolis thread starter macrumors newbie

You are right. Myopic monolithic enterprise lost me as a customer for life!

6. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

Did you set up the new phone from a backup? Try removing the existing pairing from the truck and re pair. Seems like some MAC address gets messed up. Co-worker had a similar issue and is good to go now.

7. dhlizard, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

8. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

9. forza1976 macrumors regular

10. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Pairing iPhone 6 with my 2013 Honda Civic LX was a breeze, as was the iPhone 5 previously.

11. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

Have you contacted your Ford dealership about this issue? They might be able to help, though to my knowledge, automakers don't bother updating their interface firmware until the following year's model, so if you'd want things updated, you'll have to either wait for Apple to release a fix, or buy a 2015 car.. :eek:

12. Dylatron2000 macrumors regular

Dylatron2000

Paired with my 2013 Ford Focus just fine too.

Actually since getting the 6+ on iOS 8, my car now reads aloud messages I receive over the bluetooth throughout the car. I wonder if it was a setting all along and I never checked it or if its just an iOS 8/iP6+ addition but it's sweet.

13. dhlizard, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Actually, Ford has been very pro-active with Sync updates (I have it in a Ford Edge). The last upgrade was perhaps 12 months ago perhaps

Luckily, my iPhones have always paired with Sync, even on iOS8

14. lelisa13p, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014

lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

OP, it's also pointless to complain about this in other threads. Your time would be better spent being productive and contacting your dealership.

NOTE: I first had to remove all previous pairing from my BT Blueant Q2 before I paired to the car with the different iPhone.

15. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

This sounds like an user issue. I have used several cars with sync and have paired 4/5/5s/6 with out any issues and it has never taken 2 minutes to pair at anytime.

IF you are having an issue I would say your car's SYNC has an issue. But since you car can pair with 5s no issue I thinK you just gave up too easy.

I have been able pair devices while driving (not recommended.)

One question: Are you letting SYNC find your device and then letting the pairing happen?