iPhone 6 Plus perfectly straight after two days

WolfSnap

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
My iPhone has been in my pockets for two days. It's not bent at all.

Not-bent-gate!

Last edited:

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
My 6 Plus bent while I took off the plastic covering.

l3it3r

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Hagerstown, MD
LOL!!

In all seriousness, I've traveled about 3,500 miles via train, plane and automobile since I got my 6 plus. I put it in an Apple leather case about 5 minutes after removing it from the box, and there's not a damn thing wrong with it.

The iPhone 5 and 5S were also susceptible to bending (apparently). Neither of mine did though. I traveled about 100k miles by plane w/each, and probably about 30k miles in cars w/each. Also, carried each in my pocket every single day, and never had an issue with either.

But. Since Samsung, HTC, LG, and others have vested interest in ANYTHING bad that might happen to an Apple device, we're hearing about the VERY few people that have had issues. Yay media.

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
Still waiting for mine to be made. I wonder if it will be bent-curious. I'll accept it either way. My love is unconditional.

akrimmer

macrumors member
May 14, 2010
Mine bends a little to the left.

OH...my iPhone? No, that is still waiting to be shipped.

BDoggPrelude

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2009
Colorado
I've had mine 6 days. It's been in my front pocket the whole time. No bends. Also, owned a 5 that was in my pocket for 2 years without bending. If people are putting it in their back pocket and sitting on it, they should expect it, or anything else they put back there for that matter, to bend.

Apple's fan base is such a double-edged sword. They are totally loyal and flock to their new products like a moth to a light...then they put everything under a microscope and piss and moan about the littlest ****. "I saw this video on the Internet of a guy forcefully bending a new iPhone using as much force as he could muster. It's a defective product. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa." It's ridiculous sometimes. Every time I'm due for an upgrade I contemplate switching to Android just so I'm not put into the same category as all the whiny fanboys.

lusticke

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2014
I'm so paranoid. I look at it everyday. Sometimes I think I see a bend but I think I'm just going crazy.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
I've had mine 6 days. It's been in my front pocket the whole time. No bends. Also, owned a 5 that was in my pocket for 2 years without bending. If people are putting it in their back pocket and sitting on it, they should expect it, or anything else they put back there for that matter, to bend.

Apple's fan base is such a double-edged sword. They are totally loyal and flock to their new products like a moth to a light...then they put everything under a microscope and piss and moan about the littlest ****. "I saw this video on the Internet of a guy forcefully bending a new iPhone using as much force as he could muster. It's a defective product. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa." It's ridiculous sometimes. Every time I'm due for an upgrade I contemplate switching to Android just so I'm not put into the same category as all the whiny fanboys.
Does anyone think that perhaps all the noise is being created by pathetic Android sheep creating new accounts just to troll this board? Think about it, it isn't that difficult to create an account. And what's even more damning about humanity is that there are actually d***s out there who would actually be sad enough to do it.

What's even sadder...news sites actually coming to this message board to actually get their news stories. Holy..... how funny is that.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
You should complain to Apple that it hasn't bent.
I've gone to the Apple Store and exchanged my iPhone 6+ eight times already, because every single one of them was perfectly straight right out of the box. The store must've gotten a bad batch.

Apple QC has really gone downhill. Steve Jobs never would've allowed this. Tim Cook needs to be fired!

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
None of you were on your way to a wedding. Get your facts straight before start poking fun at a very serious issue.

/S

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I'm sorry but one had to have experienced major discomfort before anything bent. A 'warning' basically. I cannot fathom bending any of these phones from pressure in a pocket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.