iPhone 6 Plus "Pictures next to Email" over iPhone 6 is already in Android 4.7''

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starfyre, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

I find it baffling how Phil would talk about how getting the iPhone 6 Plus gives you more room for stuff like enhancing the Mail app so that you can see "pictures of the sender" next to the messages since the Nexus 4 and all android already have it and the Nexus 4 is, yes a 4.7'' phone!

[​IMG]

Why Apple can't just add the "images" to the 4.7''...
    [​IMG]

Being an Android owner of a 4.7'' phone.. it looks like mail is gonna suck on the new iPhone 6, unless I get a 6 plus... but it is way too big.

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It's called the Apple Reality Distortion Zone.

It's like the Twilight Zone, but cooler.

4. horsebattery, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

horsebattery macrumors 6502

I remembered turning off the photos after Google rolled out their Gmail update, haha. But despite that, I do agree that it's odd why this is limited to the 6plus. That the Phone app already has the face bubbles option for the Favorites section makes it more baffling.

5. Batman89 macrumors 6502

6. Cryates macrumors 68000

That's not email on the screenshot of the iPhone. That's messaging. It even says Messages at the top.

7. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Wow, that gmail sample looks crazy cluttered.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, email is organized more like desktop Mail (by threads) in landscape.

9. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

It is those big square pics that make it look so crappy. If they would shrink the size and round the image, it would def look better.
    Basically, male Gmail look exactly like Hangouts. Would look 10x better

10. Ayr macrumors 6502

11. sekazi macrumors 6502

Personally I do not use this feature so I rather not see the bubbles.

12. kerrikins macrumors 65816

It's the aesthetics of it. Apple has a very minimalist design, and if you look at the examples you posted of the Android screenshots, they're not very minimalist. It's too crowded and cluttered, and that's why they kept it in the 5.5.

13. Djentleman macrumors 6502

Djentleman

Fanboy aside - that interface is ugly. Very unappealing and I wonder what people achieve by highlighting what has or hasn't been done before? Do you make us happier? Do you change things by mentioning android having things before IOS? Nah. And that detail is meh. I think we're all capable of reading the names of our contacts.

14. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

Yes, it should be on the iPhone 6. But it isn't, and that's a big plus (no pun intended) for me to want the larger model. The 4.7 inches frankly feels like a waste of added screen size without things like this or the special landscape layouts. At least the iPhone 6 Plus takes advantage of its real estate.

15. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I can't wait myself, but this tweak I could care less about. Hoping for a JB soon... but doubt it.

16. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

Look how ugly and cluttered that interface looks. Thats why.

17. Batman89 macrumors 6502

True. I'm looking forward to many of the landscape features on the 6+ being introduced on the 6 with the jailbreak.

Should be around 2-3 months before the jailbreak is out, just in time when the OS feels tiresome.

18. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

I'm not so sure about jailbreaks happening very quickly, if at all, anymore.

19. WolfSnap macrumors 6502a

WolfSnap

That Android UI.. It looks childish and very messy.

Whenever I look at Android, I'm always reminded of Windows; viruses, malware, spyware, interfaces that just aren't consistent (double click to select a directory/file, unless you're in some other interface that makes you click 'OK'). There's too many pieces of data that are all trying to grab your attention, and absolutely no thought has been put into how to display it in a pleasing manner.

And, that screenshot is on a tiny screen, yet there are TONS of photos, icons, buttons, links, data, etc.. It's just way too much. Also, the font is terrible!

20. jediuia macrumors regular

I always JB too, but apple is adding most of the features I JB for.

21. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Funny. I think the iOS UI is childish and clean. :)

22. nilnova macrumors member

nilnova

Sorry but I think that is way too cluttered and ugly. Do not want.

23. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

WhatsApp has those photo bubbles even on a 4" iPhone 5 screen with a pretty minimalistic design, so there really is no reason for Apple not to include those in the 4,7" other than marketing.

There actually is no reason why the 4,7" shouldn't have a landscape home screen either.

24. kerrikins macrumors 65816

Messaging applications are very different than email. Messages are typically very short whereas emails show multiple lines, making for a very cluttered design and not what they have moved towards with iOS 7 and 8. I mean yes, they *could* do it, but like I said, it's for aesthetics.

25. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

It looks so cluttered on that android screenshot though :X I think the cleanliness is better to see more information than trying to bunch in some images and cut down the text. I find the preview of the text a bit more important than an image. But thats just me