Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Just wanted to share that the iPhone 6 is much easier/nicer to use with polarized glasses. No funky colors or image drop outs. If anyone cares. :)

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
This is interesting to hear. I have polarized sunglasses, and often have to take them off to see my phone.

JPIndustrie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2008
Queens, NY
This is interesting to hear. I have polarized sunglasses, and often have to take them off to see my phone.

Exactly! These are the features that keep me in the Apple camp. I love my Ray Bans and always hated having to pop mine up to read my phone. I'm glad someone else noticed and included that in the design. :apple:

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
same with the 6. wearing my polarized Oakley's, there is no problem looking at the screen and getting the rainbow effect.

SUCCESS!! :cool:

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
From Apple:

Improved polarizer
Your iPhone goes everywhere you do. And sometimes that’s outdoors in the sun. With that in mind, the Retina HD display has an improved polarizer so you get a clearer view when you’re wearing sunglasses.

borad

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2013
It's actually better in landscape (at least with my glasses). Brighter. Portrait looks good but there is a fairly significant dimming.
Ditto. This is a change, but not a great one considering portrait is the main mode.

It was uglier previously (colour tinting) but more readable.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.