iPhone 6 Plus Problems!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPad Retina, Aug 11, 2015.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hello everyone!

I have an iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Space Grey Version. I have had serval issues with it. The first was a backlight bleed. Where the Apple Genius said there's absolutely nothing wrong with the device. This has resulted in a huge argument with Apple tech support.

Next was crescent gate!!! The camera started moving right, so I brought it in to get it replaced. So they replaced the screen. A week later I had noticed that the home button started to get loose. So this time they replaced the whole device! Now I have thought great! Now I got a new one. But now after taking off all the plastic wrap I noticed that the power button was more pushed in. I have a slight backlight bleed. And a loose home button (Even worse then my screen replacement)

What should I do now?

Call up apple care and request a brand new iPhone 6 Plus in retail box?

Request a 6S possibly at a later date?

Request a apple leather case for my troubles?

This is honestly getting annoying now. It takes a 30 minute drive to the Apple Store one way and it's a waste of gas. I can't just keep going back to the store.

Has anyone ever experienced this???

2. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

why didnt you do a thorough check on the new phone, in the store?

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

A new 6S will not happen. At best a leather case would be a big bonus, but from what it sounds your new phone is well with in acceptable tolerances.

4. techspin macrumors 6502a

Cuz it's hard to notice backlight bleed without studying the phone in the dark like a jeweler. I actually think Apple QC needs improvement. That being said, they aren't going to give you a new retail boxed phone. They will definitely not give you a 6S upgrade. They shouldn't give you a leather case either...they gave you a replacement phone! If the issues bother you, get it replaced again.

5. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

ok but the crescent front camera and loose home button can be checked, right in front of the Genius person who handed the phone over...

6. TheHorrorNerd macrumors regular

You will never get a new replacement in a box.
    You can however have the display replaced again.
    It sounds as though you are one of those really petty people that scrutinize everything.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

8. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

Yes actually you can.

My first iPhone 6 64 GB space grey I got had really bad dark grey smudge in the middle right of the screen. Very noticeable and annoying when reading with black text on white backgrounds. Sent it in and they sent one back.

First replacement (second iPhone) had the FaceTime crescent problem and a very dark upper right hand corner by the battery. Sent it back

Second replacement (third iPhone) had the FT camera perfectly installed and I could see the neat blue glow that the FaceTime camera emitted. But the screen had a pee color that went from yellow to white left to right across the whole screen and a dark upper right hand corner again. This drove me nuts and I sent it back.

All of this time I had been emailing back and forth with a senior advisor who couldn't believe I was having such terrible luck!

Third replacement came (fourth total iPhone) with crescent gate right out of the box and another terrible screen. Sent it back and she sent it to the engineers to confirm my problems.

She decided to send me a brand new sealed iPhone 6 64GB. I got the 5th iPhone 6 and it had the crescentgate out of the box AGAIN but it has an almost perfect screen. I sent her pics and she said I could keep replacing but I would risk getting another screen with uniformity that I wouldn't like so I've held on to this one. My warranty expires in January of 2016. I'm thinking about sending it in but it might not do any good! Might end up with a worse phone again. But if they sent me a replacement at least I'd have a new battery!

The iPhone 6 QC sucks. I've had a iPhone 4, 5 and an iPad 4 and they are all fine! This was the first time I've had to send and apple product back and it was multiple times and still not satisfied.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I suppose that post should have been qualified.

Yes, you got a NIB replacement…after a series of bad replacements had already happened. You had established a history of this before that occurred.

I know a guy who bought a 5C when it was first released. Six replacements of horrible quality later his problem was escalated and Apple sent him a NIB iPhone 5s for his trouble.

So, yes, if you have established a pattern then it is possible. But for the average person who walks in for a warranty replacement the first time Apple won't pull a NIB phone out of store stock. It'll be a white box replacement.

10. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

So they sent you the sealed iPhone 6 in Jan? bc a sealed 6 gives you one full yr warranty.

Anyways, @Newtons Apple, never say never. After 2 long months of iPhone 5 problems, they upgraded me to a sealed iPhone 5S. If anyone doubts this, I have every single email saved of the experience.

11. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The crescent FT problem is not a QC issue, it's a design flaw. A lot 6 Pluses have it.

Upgrades can happen, especially if they're running low on a certain stock. I was upgraded from a 5 to a 5S only because the stock on the 5 was two weeks out. Helped that j had an existing screen issue and MR posted that the model, color, and size I had was low in stores.

12. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Man! Should've asked for a brand new iPhone 6 replacement for my iPhone 5S. I had about 7 Replacements.