iPhone 6 Plus real resolution?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrismarle, Sep 22, 2014.

1. chrismarle macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

I was wondering what is the iPhone 6 Plus display resolution. Apple claimed that it's a 1920x1080 display but when I took a screenshot with mine, the screenshot's resolution was 2208x1242. Even Anandtech is backing this point, claiming that the content (benchmarks) were rendered in 2208x1242.

Anyone has an idea what it means?

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Everything gets rendered to that and then downscaled in hardware to 1920x1080. Don't freak out though, the downscaling looks amazing, it is easily the best mobile screen I've ever seen (won't be perfect until developers update their apps for the 6 Plus and iOS 8 though). The physical display is in fact 1920x1080 pixels, the 2208x1242 is only used internally for buffers before being displayed.

http://www.paintcodeapp.com/news/iphone-6-screens-demystified

3. Ungibbed macrumors 6502

Ungibbed

awesome!

Sorry for the old topic bump, but the above link really made sense out of this mystery. I had fanboys chomping at the bit saying that I 'shopped the images of a few games that were running with Metal support and the free FSAA on my 6 Plus really does look wonderful simply reading text at nearly any size and especially games that support the Plus at full native resolution.

I can't believe that a Gameloft mobile title really has made the top of the visual stack and in comparison, looking so much better than the Asphalt title for the PS Vita. Time to sell that bugger and put that money towards a new iPad Air 2. I miss my iPad for the time being but trying to unload a iPad 2 no matter what shape it's in hasn't been easy. So I'm with my 6 Plus and a basic Samsung tablet that will fill my needs for the time being. I do plan on getting the top end model as it makes one amazing digital photo album to share with family and friends.

[​IMG]