Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phightinphils

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
USA
With the easiness of scratching to the rear aluminum case that we all found out with the 5, I'll be getting a film for the back.

Problem... I cannot seem to find anywhere that has a back film for the Plus. Everyone just seems to be making only front screen protectors for now. I'd rather not wait for over a month til Zagg releases theirs so does anyone know of any others that are currently out?

Cheers!

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
With the easiness of scratching to the rear aluminum case that we all found out with the 5, I'll be getting a film for the back.

Problem... I cannot seem to find anywhere that has a back film for the Plus. Everyone just seems to be making only front screen protectors for now. I'd rather not wait for over a month til Zagg releases theirs so does anyone know of any others that are currently out?

Cheers!

AT&T has full body Zagg HDX.

Phightinphils

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
USA
AT&T has full body Zagg HDX.

Oo I'm going to have to stop by tomorrow then.

Edit: Just checked on att.com. Both of my local AT&T stores have the full body in stock for $35. Not sure if worth it or should I wait for someone to come out with a back piece alone for <$20 ?

Last edited:

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Oo I'm going to have to stop by tomorrow then.

Edit: Just checked on att.com. Both of my local AT&T stores have the full body in stock for $35. Not sure if worth it or should I wait for someone to come out with a back piece alone for <$20 ?

I picked up the Skinomi one from Amazon. But I saw pics of the Best Skins Ever cut and it's a LOT better. Skinomi's is sloppy.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011

Cheers!

Do you use a case? I do so I just took a front protector and put it on the back and put the case on. Doesn't cover the entire surface, but 90%. It will have to do for now.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
My Skinomi came yesterday. Total garbage.

I've used them for my last 3 phones and 3 ipads and they've been pretty good... I haven't gotten mine yet... probably will tomorrow but I don't have the phone yet. It's sad if their quality has gone down so much.

Phightinphils

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
USA
I've used them for my last 3 phones and 3 ipads and they've been pretty good... I haven't gotten mine yet... probably will tomorrow but I don't have the phone yet. It's sad if their quality has gone down so much.

The front screen protector quality is decent. The back one is terrible.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
The front screen protector quality is decent. The back one is terrible.

Damn... the back one is the only one I ever use... I have a drawer full of front screen protectors... they don't sell the back without the front and it's the same price anyway so it's not a big deal... but D'oh! Maybe if enough people complain they'll redesign and issue out new ones. I know they did last year for the iPad Air front skin that was too small, but it took a LOT of complaining.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.