iPhone 6 Plus - reason it's big...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by syphern, Sep 19, 2014.

1. syphern macrumors 6502

Coming from a nexus 5 here is why I think all these posts about "its too big" etc are incorrect.

1. The 6+ is not a phone but a phablet. It's ment to be big. People who bought it thinking oh since it's the biggest its the best attitude need to reevaluate why they bought this. It's big for a reason as it caters for a different type of market.

2. Landscape view and browsing websites games movies and Netflix makes the 6+ in my opinion the ultimate device. That's what I use my phone for anyway. Apple took that into account and boosted the resolution on this thing to make things like that more enjoyable compared to a 4.7inch. In comparison the 4.7 inch is an all rounder and the next step in the iPhone line the 6+ is not... hence its catered to that select group of people who don't just want a phone resolution but near a tablet in their pocket.

3. The reason I went with a nexus 5 after my iPhone 5 was the size of the screen. But given that I use my phone as a portable computer more the 6+ is perfect for me. The 4.7inch would have been too small.

Please keep the above factors in mind. iPhone 6+ is not a normal iPhone. It's for people who want a large screen which gives maximum pleasure in multimedia etc. if you are looking for an all rounder the iPhone 6 is the best one as its more pocketable and portable. Don't think that because it's a bigger size it's the greatest iPhone... It's not... It's all about what you use it for. Be informed before you buy people.

2. erzhik macrumors 6502

3. SetHutBlue42 macrumors member

Thank goodness we have you here to educate us.

4. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

There was a time when an SUV wasn't a normal vehicle...

5. SetHutBlue42 macrumors member

But were there forums for SUV buyers and compact car buyers to argue about who was right and who was wrong?

6. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I've read these forums through every launch since the 3G and this has far and away been the most obnoxious one.

7. uchosen macrumors 6502

Lotta free time today I take it?