iPhone 6 Plus screen is dead

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by artvega, Oct 30, 2014.

1. artvega macrumors newbie

This morning, iPhone 6 plus was working fine, then I opened camera, screen went black and it hasn't come back to life after 2 hrs. I tried to turn it off but buttons are not responding. Phone is still on, as bluetooth music on my car started to play as soon as I got into my car. And I received a call and could hear a message coming in, but the screen is still totally black.
    I tried connecting it to the charger to see if it made any difference, but nothing.
    I guess it will have to go back to AT&T... maybe an early production fault.

Disappointed!
    /Arturo

2. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

3. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

That would be the next thing to try.

also can you take this back to the apple store?

4. artvega thread starter macrumors newbie

I just did and that fixed the problem.

But it's a weird thing. It had never happened to me on any other iPhone I have ever owned... (2, 4s, 5, 5c).

I have noticed that sometimes when wanting to use the camera on some apps like whatsapp, if you choose the back camera is fine, but if you switch to the front camera, you only get a black screen.

Thanks for the tip.

So far, I have been satisfied with the plus, but it still has some glitches here and there.

/Arturo

5. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

I have had this happen on every iteration of the iphone... consider yourself lucky that this is your first :p

6. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

You be better off going to an Apple Store. They have the software to do diagnostics

7. Meathead1 macrumors member

No need to take it in. These things happen. Restore as new if the hard reset doesn't work. If it happens after that THEN take it in.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I've noticed something similar happening on occasion with my 6 plus. For some reason trying to wake with either buttons sometimes produces a black screen even after multiple tries. It generally works by the third or fourth. Never quite this bad...