iPhone 6 Plus Screen On Time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ehzool, Nov 15, 2014.

1. ehzool macrumors member

Android users compare phone's battery life by talking about screen on time. iPhones don't track screen on time though right? Yeah, they have usage time but usage time includes when apps are being updated while the screen is off, mail being checked when the screen is off etc. Pretty much any time the phone does something.
    So anyway, I know brightness depends but does anyone know any reports of the iPhone 6 plus Screen On Time?
    I wanna be able to compare battery life on the plus to other phones.

2. rugmankc, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014

rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

iPhone 6 Plus Screen On Time?

You can't do it. Too many variables btwn users. You could track your own or don't know if there is an App for it. Maybe need jail broken for one. Don't know. Android users were obsessed with it on XDA. Because it wasn't that good. This phone is so good I don't even worry about it anymore. I unplugged at midnight last nite to go to bed and had heavy usage today and at 72% now at 8:09pm.

3. msavic macrumors 6502

Any android users who switched to the 6 Plus and could their battery life? That's essentially the only way we could compare the battery life.

4. ehzool thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I had the 6 Plus - had to sell it for reasons :(
    But the battery seemed incredible. I would get like 11 hours of usage time but I was just wondering what that translated into Screen On Time.

All I know is I had an LG G3 once that let me track Screen On Time. I only got about 4.5 hours and it would die at like 6:00 pm

With the 6 Plus, I would go to sleep at 1 am and it would still have 20% battery.

The 6 Plus's Screen On Time has gotta be over 8-9 hours then...

5. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

You have your phones screen on 8-9 hours a day? Wow, I'm lucky to hit over 2 with work and other activities.

6. ehzool thread starter macrumors member

No I probably have it on maybe 5-6 hours most days but I was saying to drain it from 100% to 0% is probably around 8 hours.

7. msavic macrumors 6502

Wow the 6 Plus battery life is truly impressive if it reaches nearly 8 hours of consistent use.

How is standby time on the 6 Plus? On my S5 I lose about a percent/hour overnight which is fairly bad in my opinion.

8. ehzool thread starter macrumors member

I've heard reports saying that "if you go to sleep with 50%, you wake up with that 50%. Weeks of standby time"

9. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I lose about 3 pts overnight. But, I don't turn anything off like wifi etc.

My S4 rooted with a tweaked kernel still lost 5 to 10%. But, when using the phone it dropped like a rock--:apple::apple:

10. cababah macrumors 68000

Really depends on what background activity is going on as well as signal strength. I typically have 3-4 bars and will only lose 1-2% overnight. It's still incredible standby life. I also have background app refresh off and automatic app updates off.

11. protox macrumors regular

I'm a very heavy user and I get a bit more than 6 hours of on screen time and 8 hours of standby. That's pretty much non stop usage.