iPhone 6 Plus screen stops responding

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KillaMac, Apr 8, 2015.

1. KillaMac Suspended

I have noticed multiple times a day my screen stops responding when I am in the middle of using it. The only way to get it to work is turning it off and back on again. (not the power, just the screen). Anyone else have this issue or know what to do to resolve it?

2. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Does this happens when you are using the phone on landscape? It seems that some times this happens when the proximity sensor is covered by your hand.

Also, s your phone up to date? I remember this happening to me when the phone first came out, but after updating it I have not had that problem.

3. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

YES this happen to me before, I received a replacement unit

4. technosix macrumors 6502a

That's completely normal.

Apple insisted on replacing my iPhone 6 Plus twice for several failures. All different. I'd be lying if I didn't say I've lost a lot of trust in Apple's manufacturing and quality control process.

But the good news is in a few months I'll dump it and buy the second generation. Those are always far better. I know I've had every iPhone to date.

----------

Hopefully you won't have to go back twice for yet another replacement. Now on my third it only freezes and locks up every other day. The prior units locked up several times each and every day.

5. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

it happens to me daily... what I do is drag the widgets/notifications down and once flicked back up, it usually clears it up...

there is a slight pause before widgets/notifications slides down...

6. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

I've had it happen on a 5S many times and you can't hang up or answer calls, The only option is then a power off.

7. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I've had trouble with my 6 Plus too. Can't wait for the 6S to come out. Going down in size and hopefully it won't be as buggy. I've also lost some trust in Apple's hardware with this device. Luckily my iPad Air 2 is phenomenal, despite not working properly with BT drawing pens.

Is the S model always that much better? The 3GS was a big jump, but they kept the same speed for two generations. The 4S was ok—the main improvement was the camera. I've owned every model except the 5S, but I've used the 5S plenty of times and it didn't seem all that better than my iPhone 5. I still think of the iPhone 5 as being my favorite iPhone of all time. I'm sad that I sold it. The 5 was really stable and still fairly fast when I sold it right before the iPhone 6 came out. Touch ID is nice, and the new cameras are nice, but the iPhone 5 was pretty awesome. Maybe I should have just purchased a 5S instead, lol. But I did want a bigger screen. I just got one that was too big. I think 4.7" will be a good middle ground when I get the 6S. After the buginess with my 6 Plus, the 6S can't come soon enough!!

8. technosix macrumors 6502a

The only reason I stated my opinion about the 5S being better is because it worked.

My Wonderful Nexus 6 with its spacious 6" display is the ideal size for me. But since I always carry one Android and one iPhone, I was hoping the iPhone 6 Plus I bought would be reliable and functional, two basic characteristics that Apple used to deliver.

Why Apple who's perfectly capable, has allowed quality, functionality and reliability to decline is rather sad.

Yet it makes perfect sense from their side. They're a big powerful corporation with star struck fans that will buy anything Apple so the corporation takes advantage of this, reduces quality and drives up profit taking.

Now number one their fans are thrilled, Apple gets all the attention and money. Very clever.

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

That's because Steve Jobs is not there to hawk them anymore. :apple:

10. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

My 6+ has suffered from the dreaded frozen screen several times per day from new. 8.2 significantly reduced this problem for a few days but it came back just as bad. The browser/app reloading due to insufficient RAM, this screen freezing business and the random lag has made this both the most expensive phone I've owned to date and also the most frustrating. I really dislike it.

11. technosix macrumors 6502a

I could not agree more. What's incredibly frustrating is when one or more Apple Excuse Makers come on the forum and claim there's no such problems. This ends up being the root of Apple's issues.

They convince fellow devotees, so in turn even if they are putting up with these issues, Apple realizes it's easy to get away with a buggy product cause the majority of users just use it without complaint. A very bad practice as it endorses Apple profit taking l... at the expense of their customer as no problem.

12. CEmajr macrumors 601

It happens throughout the day on my 6 Plus. Apple clearly didn't give the Plus the hardware necessary to make the experience as smooth as the regular 6. Often times I can be typing text messages and the screen just stops responding for a while and takes some time.to catch up to the letters I was pressing. If the 6S Plus has the same processor as the 6S then I'll likely switch back to the smaller phone.

13. KillaMac thread starter Suspended

No, happens all the time. Portrait or landscape.

----------

Yeah, been talking to support and after a restore and upgrade to 8.3 it helped a lot but it has started to return again.

Will try that. Thanks for the tip.

Yep, same here.

Agreed. Smaller maybe a better way.

14. KillaMac thread starter Suspended

My phone is getting worse and worse. I am about done with this crap.

15. sy1888 macrumors newbie

Downgrade to a 4s great phone with no such problems:)

16. flybub, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015

flybub macrumors regular

Mine (6 plus) has been doing it for the last couple weeks. Dumped it and went back to my droid turbo. It's never had a hiccup since I got it in December and I'm on my phone all day long. 6 plus battery is unbeatable but apples quality went down the toilet. I've had the iPhone 4 and this 6 plus, both have had their issues and the chances of me coming back to an iPhone aren't real good. I've had better "it just works" out of the box performance with the 9 plus Android devices (phones & tablets) I've had than the Apple devices. All the talk about how stable ios is I've yet to see. I really do want to love the Apple devices, but with what they're charging these issues shouldn't exist.

17. sy1888 macrumors newbie

Hi Fly,Im just a newbee to iphones but running ios 8 on my 4s is great with no problems whatsoever but time will tell im using netflix for 4 hours+ before cuts off but the fact i jus fitted a brand new battery maybe helped as seems to be a bit of a problem for other 4s users:cool: