iPhone 6 Plus, Severe Battery Drain

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HenryBishop, Jul 9, 2015.

1. HenryBishop macrumors member

Hoping someone can help here--this is kind of a two-fold problem concerning my 6 Plus and Apple Watch.

I posted this in a previous thread on Reddit the other day, and had not received much information back. Here it is:

The last two days I've noticed dramatic dips in battery life for both my Apple Watch and my iPhone 6 Plus.

Hoping that other people have encountered this over the last few days, and that someone could shed some light on how this could be remedied.

My iPhone has been off its charger since 8AM and now 59%, but usually it would retain an upwards of 80%--and higher--charge since receiving and utilizing my Apple Watch over the course of the day.

Apple Watch has had casual use each day, and would have close to 60% of battery by 7-8PM, now I am sitting here with 31% batter at 4:19 EST.

Very confused as to why both devices have decided to take a dip.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Have you tried the obvious and rebooted both devices? Have you added any new software before this started happening?

Have you unpaired and repaired your watch.

Something has to be running to use up the battery like this.

3. HenryBishop thread starter macrumors member

Hey Newton's Apple,

Thanks for the reply. I unpaired and paired the apple watch, and yesterday it was OK. I removed some silly apps that I don't need for my watch--mainly twitter, Facebook, and other apps that are useless on it. I mainly use it for time management and working out. I'll see how that goes today. Currently it's been off the charger for two hours and has dropped to 94%.

As for the phone, doing a full reset may be the next step. I had it off the charger last night at 95% and on Do Not Disturb so my girlfriend could use the charger, and I woke up this morning to it drained down to 64%. Normally it would drop a percent or two. Tonight I'll try the full factory reset and set up as new, maybe get rid of a games page I have on it as well and see.

If not, it's to the Apple Genius bar to see if they can help.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Good to hear you might have it sorted out. I tend to install just a little as I can to keep my phone and watch working smoothly. I depend on it too much to have a problem and would have to replace it the same day if it stopped working.

Hope you get it all sorted out!

5. HenryBishop thread starter macrumors member

So, I think I was able to get the phone and watch back on track. After 12 hours the watch has 65% remaining, while the iPhone has 70%.

It seems the deletion of useless games from my iPhone helped also, as I think one of them was draining my battery exponentially.

Hopefully it remains consistent as it was when I first received my watch a month ago. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your concern, and responses, Newton's Apple. Appreciate it =)