iPhone 6 Plus silicone case better than leather version?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ashton18, Sep 24, 2014.

1. ashton18 macrumors regular

ashton18

Hey guys, so I've had the leather case for the iPhone 6 Plus since launch and honestly, not impressed at all..

There's a tiny bit of leather sticking out at the bottom of the iPhone 6 Plus to 'protect' the phone from drops, but it's minimal.

Does anyone know if the silicone case is better? Judging from some videos on YouTube, it seems that the silicone version offers a bit more protection at the bottom than the leather one. Perhaps I'm wrong and the case just seems better in videos..

Thanks!

2. Glene macrumors 6502

The leather and the silicone cases are built the same. No more protection on one than the other, IMO....i own both.

3. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

The silicone case still leaves the bottom open. If there's a difference, there may be a slight difference in the angle of the slope that leads to the open section which may give you less than a millimeter more coverage on the silicone, but that's it. If you want the bottom fully covered, you'll have to get a third party case.

4. puma1552 macrumors 601

i have both, i think the silicone is the better of the two, but they are both great.

only gripe with the leather is the sides of the inside don't have microfiber lining, just the back - the entire inside of the silicone is lines with MF.

5. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

Maybe I didn't pay attention in physics but which one would be more of the shock absorber when it comes to drops, material wise

6. truciet macrumors 6502

FYI, the silicone cases feel different by color also. I can confirm the white and green is smooth feeling. The pink and blue is rubbery.

7. ebree macrumors newbie

the leather visibly wears out, the silicone retains its look. go for silicone if you want to keep it clean and classy.

8. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I really think it just comes down to preference. I don't like the silicone feel, but I absolutely love the leather.