iPhone 6 Plus silicone case better than leather version?

ashton18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Hey guys, so I've had the leather case for the iPhone 6 Plus since launch and honestly, not impressed at all..

There's a tiny bit of leather sticking out at the bottom of the iPhone 6 Plus to 'protect' the phone from drops, but it's minimal.

Does anyone know if the silicone case is better? Judging from some videos on YouTube, it seems that the silicone version offers a bit more protection at the bottom than the leather one. Perhaps I'm wrong and the case just seems better in videos..

Thanks!

Supermallet

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2014
The silicone case still leaves the bottom open. If there's a difference, there may be a slight difference in the angle of the slope that leads to the open section which may give you less than a millimeter more coverage on the silicone, but that's it. If you want the bottom fully covered, you'll have to get a third party case.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
i have both, i think the silicone is the better of the two, but they are both great.

only gripe with the leather is the sides of the inside don't have microfiber lining, just the back - the entire inside of the silicone is lines with MF.

jev425

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Seattle, WA
Maybe I didn't pay attention in physics but which one would be more of the shock absorber when it comes to drops, material wise

truciet

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
FYI, the silicone cases feel different by color also. I can confirm the white and green is smooth feeling. The pink and blue is rubbery.

ebree

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
the leather visibly wears out, the silicone retains its look. go for silicone if you want to keep it clean and classy.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I really think it just comes down to preference. I don't like the silicone feel, but I absolutely love the leather.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.