Iphone 6 plus sim tray

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
For some reason or the other, Apple didn't include the sim tool in the box like they normally do. Long story short, I used a thumb tack to open the sim slot in order to verify there was already a Sim there from AT&T (which there was). Now my sim tray is broken a bit. Can I buy a replacement like on ebay? Will an iPhone 5 sim tray work or should I stick with a 6 plus only? I've seen a few on ebay being sold, along with the sim tray tool but I'm not sure if I should bite.

I know, dumb question. :eek:

EDH667

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
For some reason or the other, Apple didn't include the sim tool in the box like they normally do. Long story short, I used a thumb tack to open the sim slot in order to verify there was already a Sim there from AT&T (which there was). Now my sim tray is broken a bit. Can I buy a replacement like on ebay? Will an iPhone 5 sim tray work or should I stick with a 6 plus only? I've seen a few on ebay being sold, along with the sim tray tool but I'm not sure if I should bite.

I know, dumb question. :eek:
Apple only includes a SIM tool for the SIM free Factory Unlocked iPhones. I would bring the iPhone into an Apple store to see if they can help you first before I attempted to purchase an after market SIM tray that may or may not work or cause you more problems in the long run.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.