Iphone 6 plus sim tray

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by noekozz, Oct 24, 2014.

1. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

For some reason or the other, Apple didn't include the sim tool in the box like they normally do. Long story short, I used a thumb tack to open the sim slot in order to verify there was already a Sim there from AT&T (which there was). Now my sim tray is broken a bit. Can I buy a replacement like on ebay? Will an iPhone 5 sim tray work or should I stick with a 6 plus only? I've seen a few on ebay being sold, along with the sim tray tool but I'm not sure if I should bite.

I know, dumb question. :eek:

2. Joshoon macrumors regular

Joshoon

3. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Apple only includes a SIM tool for the SIM free Factory Unlocked iPhones. I would bring the iPhone into an Apple store to see if they can help you first before I attempted to purchase an after market SIM tray that may or may not work or cause you more problems in the long run.

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

:eek::eek::eek: Thumb tack!!!

Mini paper clips are perfect. And they don't do any damage. Use those in the future :)

5. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Thumb tack man! Jeez! You know those things are sharp right? :p:p:p;):D I use a paper clip thats bent, always have and its worked perfect!

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Wouldn't turning it on confirm if a SIM card was inserted or not ?