iPhone 6 plus space gray harder to find?

hotdeck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
After checking istocknow for a few days, it seems that space gray has the least availability of the 3 colors (at least in MA/NH region). Unfortunately for me that's the color I want. Is it the case for you guys? If I want to get an iPhone 6 plus ASAP, should I just choose another color? Any feedback is appreciated.

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
It's the only one with a black front so I'd say this is definitely the reason why the Space Gray iPhone 6+ is rare. I've wanted to exchange my space gray 6 for the bigger size but all Apple stores in my state only have 128GB Gold ones or 16GB Silver ones.

No thanks.

JeremyE

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012
Just wait for the color you want. If you'll have it for a year or two it's worth waiting for it. And yeah the black front is why I want it. I miss the black back on my iPhone 5 though..

Cojm

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
In MA, you are right, I have an order for a 6+ 64gb SG on apple.com. But there aren't ANY in stores around here.

cypressc

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
Austin, TX
100% correct. Today every store in Texas is stocked full of 6-plus in Silver/Gold, and the availability that is normally snatched right up has been available for hours.

I'm sure it all just comes in waves. I predict two weeks from now all stores will have ample supply of all models.

0r30

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2010
Texas
100% correct. Today every store in Texas is stocked full of 6-plus in Silver/Gold, and the availability that is normally snatched right up has been available for hours.

I'm sure it all just comes in waves. I predict two weeks from now all stores will have ample supply of all models.
Yup Houston yesterday had a bunch of 128gb spacegrays for Verizon.

I checked the date my phone and it was manufactured on the 22nd of september.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.