iPhone 6 Plus - Still worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hollowman, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Hollowman macrumors newbie

As per title, is a decent deal on a 6 Plus still worth it almost 2 years after release. Obviously it will still be supported by ios releases for a few years to come, but is it worth paying the extra for a 6S plus to futureproof a bit more?

Just looking for thoughts and also current 6 Plus users experience and plans with theirs.

2. Relentless Power, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Get the 6s Plus. Faster, 3D Touch, Better camera. Although the 6s Plus will be reduced in price in a few weeks with the iPhone 7 debuting, if you can wait minus the 3.5 Jack. But the iPhone 6 Plus, I would stray away from personally.

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

I wouldn't recommend the 6 Plus at all. The only iPhone Apple shipped that struggled with performance right out of the box. Just wait until the 7 comes out and prices drop on the 6S Plus to get one of the those.

4. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

I have to agree that the 6s+ is a better investment out of the two. It's more durable.

5. HEK Suspended

HEK

Definitely get the 6s Plus. I had the 6 Plus and replaced it last year with the 6s Plus. Noticeably faster, extra RAM definitely a plus. My 6s Plus has been best iPhone I have had so far. (3GS, 4s, 5s, 6 Plus, and 6s Plus)

I'm still debating on if I replace it with 7, it's been that good.

6. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

I was expecting iOS 10 to make the battery life take a hit but it's the exact same as iOS 9. For the first time, Apple isn't trying to kill my phone with the next gen iOS.

iOS 10 is actually better on my phone than iOS 9 ever was. I'm impressed.