iPhone 6 Plus stopped working. Not recognized by iTunes. How can I recover data?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bmaniara92, Nov 19, 2016.

1. bmaniara92 macrumors newbie

My iPhone 6 Plus just stopped working all of a sudden. It no longer turns on, and it's not recognized by iTunes. When I connect it to iTunes, I sometimes see the phone in recovery mode, but the display on the phone never shows anything. I've tried replacing the screen and the battery with no luck.

My last iTunes backup was almost 3 months ago, and I have lots of data on there that I need to recover, including texts, notes, contacts, files, etc. I signed in to iCloud on an older device, and my contacts and notes showed up on there (all my contacts, even ones that weren't part of my backup 3 months ago), but my texts did not. Any idea how I can get my texts back, including texts that weren't part of my iTunes backup 3 months ago?

I tried running iBackupBot and PhoneRescue, but neither can detect my iPhone 6 Plus, and they only have my backup from 3 months ago.

I appreciate any help. Thank you so much!

2. chscag macrumors 68000

I hate to sound negative, but unless you backed your texts to your computer they're probably gone. You may be able to retrieve them if you can get your 6+ working again. I keep all my important texts (iMessages, SMS) on my Mac in addition to my phone. That way they get backed up whenever I back up data on the Mac. Might be a good idea for you to do the same in the future.