IPhone 6 plus to 7 plus or wait for next year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jojods, Sep 5, 2016.

1. jojods macrumors regular

I personally don't see why apple would wait 1 year for a massive upgrade to the iphone line and that's why im wondering if I should upgrade my 6 plus or wait another year to this rumoured huge upgrade coming for the 10th anniversary

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

If you can afford to wait and your current 6+ does everything you need it to, I'd wait. But I'd argue that's the case with any Apple purchase.

3. jojods thread starter macrumors regular

Ye see im usually that way but usually upgrade my iphone every 2 years.. seems weird that it would now be a 3 year cycle. Is this confirmed?

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Nothing's confirmed until we see it 'in the flesh', as it were.

Personally I think the 2017 iPhone is just going to be the 7S; same shell as the 7, but with better internals, rather than this rumoured beast of a design. I'm almost hoping it is, just to see the furious comments. :D

5. jojods thread starter macrumors regular

People would be livid haha

6. Furzul macrumors 6502

Furzul

Yes, that would be fun.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

If you want to figure it out, join the first thread in the iPhone forum.

8. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

I have the 6 Plus and I've used it since it launched. It's still a fast phone with awesome battery life, a great screen and a good camera.

The iPhone 7 Plus will be a much faster phone with probably same battery life, maybe a better screen and probably a much better camera.

That's actually a great upgrade which I'd get if money was no concern. I will however also be upgrading to the new MacBook Pro whenever it finally comes out which is going to be a big investment. My 6 Plus can easily keep going for another year.

9. Fynd macrumors 6502

More + faster storage, 2-3x the RAM, incredibly faster CPU, much faster Touch ID, massively improved camera, 3D touch, possibly waterproof, tweaked design + new color, better battery life. And that's just based off of leaks, there'll be a few things we don't know about for sure. By all accounts that would be a hell of an upgrade. I wouldn't get too caught up on the exterior.