iPhone 6 Plus touch freezes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPad Retina, Apr 3, 2016.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hello, I have a 6 Plus, and the touch would freeze every once in a while, in apps and the home screen, they keep telling me that you need to do a restore, but I had this issue before, but this time there are no lines going through the screen. Also, when i tap lightly on the screen sometime you can hear it a bit loose.

Anyone else with this issue? thanks

2. PhillyGuy72 macrumors 6502a

PhillyGuy72

3. Zaft macrumors 68030

Zaft

4. macintoshmac macrumors 65816

macintoshmac

I believe the 6s will contract this disease in some months from now?

5. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Just in time when Apple needs a blockbuster iPhone 7 quarter.....

6. WashupDawg macrumors regular

Do you have any concrete information regarding this or are you just guessing?

7. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

How often this problem is occured ? It's like the rMBP's Staingate or worse ? Because if it's just 3000/ 1 bilion of iPhones then it's not a disease :/ , also I see it's way more common on the 6+ models. It's just a matter of time until all iphone 6/6+ users will need to make changes or it's a small problem ? Maybe the 6S will have the same problem ?

8. PhillyGuy72 macrumors 6502a

PhillyGuy72

It's sad that this started WAY back just 6, 7 weeks after the iPhone 6 / 6Plus came out. This was brought up back in Nov, 2014 https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6686660?start=15&tstart=0 Now for these people, I'm sure an instant replacement was issued - I hope. This issue doesn't seem to be happening with the 6S/6S Plus right now. "In the iPhone 6s/6s Plus, Apple moved the susceptible Touch IC chips off the logic board and onto the display assembly, presumably sheltering them from most of the flexing forces the logic board is subjected to."

So..my assumption Apple knew of the flaw well over a year ago - so they moved that Touch IC. :(
    Grr, this is sort of connected to the old "Bendgate." Those who are not having the problem right now..it's possible we can avoid this by using a protective case - I guess the stronger, the better. And do not place your iPhone 6/6+ in your back pocket. Basically try not to bend it! Luckily I haven't had this issue (Knock on wood...I've had battery problems though in my 6+)

Well, easier said than done I guess...if I do get this gray bar issue, it would be silly to get it fixed - averaging $300-350 for the fix. I would probably just bite the bullet and upgrade...even though I am trying to keep this current phone until Sept 2017.

9. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

Wait wait ....This problem can occur only if the phone is bend?

10. big samm macrumors 65816

I have the exact same problem with my 6Plus. The phone was a replacement via Apple care, at that time i already had my 6S/Plus so i didn't even bother turning it on left it wrap in the plastic and i just placed it in it's box. one day just for the sake of it i took it out the box and couldn't even pass the activation steps because the screen was soo unresponsive

11. macintoshmac macrumors 65816

macintoshmac

No, this is a conjecture alone. 3D Touch technology may have made the displays really different enough that the problems do not migrate. Or may not. This is why the question mark at the end too! :)