iPhone 6 Plus Touchscreen Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GmDude66, Apr 21, 2015.

1. GmDude66, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015

GmDude66 macrumors 6502

Hello all, randomly my phone will just start "tapping" on random areas on the screen by itself. If I hit the home button, it will start launching apps. The only resolve is to force power it off and then back on. This makes it work for a little, but eventually later in the day it will come back. I have tried a reset and restore.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?

EDIT: Here's a video of what it does. All of that text above, it did itself...
    https://vid.me/5ljz

2. jozeppy26 macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

3. tjtech94 macrumors newbie

4. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Some have said it was a chip on the logic board. Mine is intermittent. Can go on for hours then work again. So frustrating. Called Apple and will issue my 4th replacement.

5. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

It doesn't sound like it, but do you have a screen protector? I had a similar issue with a glass protector before.

6. macmann81 macrumors member

macmann81

I have an iPhone 6s Plus and my touchscreen randomly becomes unresponsive. The hard buttons still work but nothing else. A simple lock and unlock get the touch screen working again. Very frustrating.

7. chinofx macrumors newbie

Same thing happening to me. Even tried a restore but still happening. Seems to betting more frequent too.