iPhone 6 Plus used just as an iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macsba, Jun 25, 2015.

1. macsba macrumors 6502

Greetings all;

Right now my old iPod Touch is getting long in the tooth. For now, I don't consider getting a regular cellular service for an iPhone. I have an iPad that has cellular data service plan plus I don't talk that much.

Yeah, I may get negative posts to my question but I don't mind.

My question is: How many of you have the iPhone Plus and just using it as an iPod Touch?

Yeah, no rumors about upcoming updated iPod Touches. Thus my question.

2. ipadpro macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

the last time i using ipod touch was 4th generation , so i forgot how is it look
    even now i dont feel ipod touch was iphone 6 cause so long i dont play with it

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I doubt you'll find many people using a brand new iPhone as the equivalent of an iPod Touch. But if that's what works best for your situation, why would you care what anyone else thinks?

Personally, if it were me, I'd pick up a used 5 or 5s instead. They're more portable as they fit nicely in nearly any pocket) and they're a LOT cheaper. But if you're determined to buy a 6+ for that sort of usage, and can afford it, go for it. No one else's opinion should matter.

4. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Planning to do that with my brother's iPhone 6 Plus when he upgrades. :p

Really, the only question is whether you're willing to pay iPhone prices for an iPod Touch. If you are, by all means, go for it. :)

5. macsba thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, Apple came out with a new 128 GB version of the iPod Touch and I purchased it. It's been updated with what I want. Just missing the GPS function.

Yeah, IrishVixen, the size is just right.

But, around Christmas, I do have plans of buying the iPhone 6s plus. I'll use that when out traveling. The new iPod Touch especially when I do my walks - I don't want anything bulky.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I own the current 64gb touch but hardly use it. When I go out with my headphones the whole purpose is that I have a phone on me. Not only do I not want to miss any calls, I do not want to be without my phone. I know this is repulsive to many but I put on my holster and off I go. My poor touch hardly sees daylight and the ne and faster version is not tempting me. A faster CPU and better camera when you have a 6+ does not temp me to leave my phone behind.