Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TallGuyGT

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
NYC
I had an iPhone 6 for several months, it was usually dead before or by the end of the day. Upgraded to the 6 Plus, I almost always have 30-40% battery life left. The only exception is when I use it for GPS in the car, that drains battery quickly (yes, I know I should just plug it in when doing that). Only do light gaming on phone, heavy stuff played on iPad Air 2.

fender77

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2015
Earth
Gotta ad my voice to this. It's brilliant. I got the 6 space gray 64 gb first and was in fact happy with the battery life, although with heavy use I could manage to deplete the battery at the end of the day.

When missus needed a new phone, she got my 6 and I went for the 6 plus space gray 64gb. I love it. I get through the day and then some with heavy use. I always have battery left!

I've only had the plus for a month and was considering waiting for the next gen, but it does what I need it to do and it does it well. I've no issues with the amounts of RAM.

Reactions: macbug

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Define your 5-6 hours on heavy usage. Playing games or even just keeping the screen activated for 5-6 hours at a time will hurt even the 6+.
Well, I have tested a rough 9 hours, 30% brightness screen all on playing music under iOS 9 beta 1. Do you think the battery life could be an issue in current iPhone 6 Plus? ;)

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
9 hours of music playing in 30% broghtness, and with wifi off. Under iOS 9 beta 1.
I may not be able to forget this historical number easily. :)
Even iOS 9 beta 1 such a power hunger, I can still roughly heavily use my phone in 5 hours. Any concerns? :p

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
So that's it. iPhone 6 Plus is currently the greatest phone Apple has created which can last so long like that, although we all know that is just because plus has a much bigger battery. ;)

You seem to want to argue, go right ahead, but not with me.

I have owned every iPhone and there is little doubt, to me, about it having the best battery I have used so far.

I am done here!

steponeman

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2015
I have never had to even worry about the battery on my 6+, not even the slightest concern.

Like another poster posted, STELLAR!

Yeah i heard a lot about 6+ and bettery, but still guys 2 days or 3 in matter of battery it's not sufficient, you remember well the oldest phones, they used to last one week or so, isn't that true?

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
I have had my 6+ since November, I use it a lot for one of my jobs, On an average day I probably have about 30% remaining after 15 hours. The big thing I see is that the 6+ does last longer than previous phones I had which were 5S and 5 and 4S but I also got the 64 this time so not sure if that makes a difference and I also close out an app when I am done with it which I know many that do not even know how to do that so they keep running in the back ground. I just got the watch this past weekend and see no difference in the battery life on the phone. I have to admit that this coming November doubt I will even consider the upgrade to a 6+s because I truly love what I get from mine right now.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have had my 6+ since November, I use it a lot for one of my jobs, On an average day I probably have about 30% remaining after 15 hours. The big thing I see is that the 6+ does last longer than previous phones I had which were 5S and 5 and 4S but I also got the 64 this time so not sure if that makes a difference and I also close out an app when I am done with it which I know many that do not even know how to do that so they keep running in the back ground. I just got the watch this past weekend and see no difference in the battery life on the phone. I have to admit that this coming November doubt I will even consider the upgrade to a 6+s because I truly love what I get from mine right now.
Most of the difference simply comes from the larger size battery.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Love the battery life on my 6 Plus.
Im still on iOS 8.1 but I get easily 2 days of regular use with a full charge.
Its 11PM now and I got 61% left. I charged it last night and unplugged it at 7am this morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.