iPhone 6 plus using iMessage and attach a photo or take a photo does not work well

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by pectin232, Jan 8, 2015.

1. pectin232 macrumors 6502

When using the iphone 6 Plus. I use iMessage and then attach a photo or take a photo... the app does not show the camera fully or even to attach a photo does not work. I have about 8-9000 phones and like 10 short videos in there but it is incredibly slow and almost unable. I have the 128GB iPhone 6 Plus with 46gb still available. I think this should not be so slow with so much memory still available. Please help. I am using 8.1.2. Yes I have set up the phone as a new phone. Apple store even reformatted this iphone 6 plus 2 months ago but it is still terribly slow. I got the phone like a week after being out. Thanks

2. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Something is broken with your phone if it's terribly slow after an Apple store reformatted it. (didn't know Apple could do that..)

Go to Apple and request they replace it because none of the "fixes" have worked.

3. pectin232 thread starter macrumors 6502

Will Apple replace it? I got a funny feeling that it can be attributed to the cheaper and lower quality slow memory in there. I test the memory about a month ago and found it was using the 3 inline memory thing.. cannot recall the actual name for it. But I believe 100000s of iphone 6 plus is using that cheaper and slower memory as well. When I was there it seems that they only want to keep reformatting the device than replacing it. I have Apple Care as well.

4. afsnyder macrumors 65816

They should. Tell them it's not working as expected and you think a replacement would fix the issues.

I got a free lightning cable and Magic Mouse replacement.

5. pectin232 thread starter macrumors 6502

When you iphone 6 was not working? They gave you that? Nice... I hate the hassle of backing things up redoing it all over again