Iphone 6 Plus voicemail is in french

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theslaz, Jun 8, 2016.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

I have a newer Iphone 6 Plus with the latest IOS. Just two days ago I received a phone call which went to voicemail. I attempted to listen to it; only to find that everything was in french. Never did get to go to English. I tried phoning my cell phone with my land line. I left it ring till the voicemail cut in. I was going to leave a message; however; all the instructions where in french. I than went to my settings/Language & Region. My Iphone language was set to English(Canada). I than tried setting it to English(USA). I tried the voicemail; and it still was in French. I turned the phone of and on; rebooted and still the French. What is happening?

Thanks in advance
    Jerry

P.S. I'm going to try my provider (Telus) and see if they have something to do with this.

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

You're in Canada, so maybe it's switching between English and French? It's definitely on the carrier side, because they run the voicemail on their servers.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I would call the British for help, as your phone may start speaking Shawnee or Iroquois too. The bad news is that this may last 7 years.

"Pitt"ing may save you here, but you must go to Quebec.