iphone 6 plus vs ipad air 2 and iphone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Daniel Quell, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Daniel Quell, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014

Daniel Quell macrumors member

The iphone 6 plus is out of stock everywhere and it doesn't seem like that is going to change anytime soon. I'm considering getting and ipad air 2 and a iphone 6 instead of just an iphone 6 plus. Its only marginally more expensive.

Am I really missing out on the portability by doing this? Has anyone done this and regretted it? Thanks

2. cababah macrumors 68000

Be patient and get what you really want. Regret will haunt you otherwise...

3. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

My 6+ is my only device now!

It's size is perfect.

4. davewolfs macrumors regular

I enjoy the portability of the 6. Also the iPad is a great device. It's a lot more enjoyable to read on than the plus.

One thing that is very noticeable is that if you have a lot of tabs open they will continually refresh on the plus. This doesn't really seem to happen on iPad.

5. Daniel Quell thread starter macrumors member

That is the thing. I'm not sure I really want the plus. I've used 6 and 7 inch tablets before and always found them lacking in comparison to their bigger counterparts. However, if it was a phone I might see me using a 5.5 inch screen simple out of convenience.

I guess this is the type of thing only I can answer. I was just wondering if other people who have thought this in the past come to realize the benefits.

6. Bcarraher macrumors member

Bcarraher

Use this handy website to be notified of iphone availabilty in your area:

http://www.seaturtle.org/idevice/

7. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

8. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

Agreed. You'll be happy in the short term, but regret it long term.

I just got my phone a couple weeks back. I kept telling myself that it really didn't matter when I got it. Don't get the wrong. The waiting sucked. But now that it's over, I was right and it really didn't matter much in the long run. Had I gotten it a week earlier or later, it wouldn't make a lick of difference at this point in time. I did consider other options, but at the end of the day, I'm glad I showed some patience and ended up with what I wanted. Now I have what I want for the next 2 years and won't spend that time kicking myself for now having more patience.