iPhone iPhone 6 Plus Wallpaper Dimensions

Discussion in 'UI Customization' started by Mac Wolf, Sep 10, 2014.

1. shybrenn macrumors newbie

Sorry that this is so late, but I don't know nay of this works, the python code and all that. I really want this wallpaper exported. Could you either do it for me or tell me to use the python code you posted?

Thanks.
    IMG_0442.PNG

2. Unregistered 4U macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, this is still true for iOS 8.2. Square wallpapers still zoom in when rotated :(

3. zen macrumors 68000

zen

Has anyone solved the wallpaper zoom issue yet? I just got an iPhone 6 Plus and made a new 2592 x 2592 wallpaper, but the zoom-on-rotation "feature" is still there in iOS 8.3.

4. jonblatho macrumors 6502a

jonblatho

It's a system-level thing—only the Apple-provided wallpapers don't zoom, even with a perfectly square image. It's still present in iOS 9.0 beta 1.

5. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

6 Plus wallpaper-positioning bugs remain as of iOS 9.0.1:

- Make a square wallpaper and it is not shown centered, but shoved to the right (you can manually eyeball it back top center)

- When rotated to landscape, it also zooms way in and loses detail rather than just rotating at the same scale, as a square image ought to do (and does on iPad)

apple.com/feedback

6. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502a

I recently upgraded from a 6 to a 6s+, and noticed this annoying "zoom-in" for custom wallpapers in landscape mode. I guess it's not a new "feature" of iOS 9, just an old bug from iOS 8 that's never been fixed.

7. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You are correct. Does not seem to be on Apple's radar. I believe it is not going to be corrected either, but I could be wrong.

8. jquest68 macrumors regular

jquest68

I have a question regarding the wallpapers. I made a wallpaper already but would like to make that same wallpaper to fit the small screen of the iphone or ipad. If I put the png file on screen in PSCS6 how can I make that adjustment to size?

9. Unregistered 4U macrumors 6502

And to finish this odyssey, square wallpapers work in iOS 11’s latest beta, so probably will work in the GM, too.

10. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

#Closure.

11. Damian. macrumors regular

Three years late but finally!

12. Unregistered 4U macrumors 6502

This is my first take at the square dimensioned wallpaper template. One great thing is that you don’t need one size for parallax and a separate size for still. The same square will work for both.

Attached Files:

13. macteam6, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018

macteam6 macrumors newbie

macteam6

--- Post Merged, Nov 12, 2018 ---
    The measurement — DPI (dots per inch), as mentioned previously — does indeed represent the number of dots per inch as printed. DPI is what many people inadvertently use when they actually mean PPI, or pixels-per-inch.

While DPI and PPI are not interchangeable, that many are confused is understandable. Brand name display monitor manufacturers mistakenly (purposely?) advertise screen resolutions in DPI, instead of the accurate PPI. Making matters worse? Apple, Microsoft and Adobe, makers of the ubiquitous de facto pro image editor, Photoshop, have had a historically been guilty of confusing DPI and PPI resolutions.

In a nutshell: If an iPhone screen (or any other square-pixel screen) were to feature a 500 PPI (pixels-per-inch) display, then an image 500 pixels tall and 500 pixels wide would measure 1 square inch — as long as the image is viewed on a 500 PPI display.

14. macteam6 macrumors newbie

macteam6

I have had the best luck using images cropped and downsampled to a resolution of 2662 PPI x 2662 PPI (pixels-per-inch).