iPhone 6 Plus ... want to go back to iPhone 5s.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by merc-tt, Feb 23, 2015.

1. merc-tt macrumors member

I currently have an iPhone 6 Plus on Verizon Edge plan. I'm about 3 months into it, and I want to go back to the iPhone 5s. I like the 6 Plus. The battery life is amazing, but it's just too big for me. Are there any options I can do since I am on the Edge plan? I'd like to either sell it and get a new 5s or trade it. I'm guessing Verizon won't allow me to trade it in since I'm passed the 2 week period. And I can't sell it since I haven't paid it off yet. Am I stuck with it? And for how long? Thanks.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

3. DEG1 macrumors member

Or... sell it, pay it off (same day?) and buy the phone you want.

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

5. DEG1 macrumors member

Yep, should allow you to get a VERY GOOD cigar! Enjoy it with a cognac!

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

Should be easy to sell. Verizon iPhones are in high demand.

7. dlewis23 macrumors 6502a

8. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

If the 6 plus is too big...sell...buy a 6...or a 5S...are you looking for opinion or what?

9. merc-tt thread starter macrumors member

Please re-read the original post. I am asking since I am on the Edge plan and am past my 2 week return period, what are my options to go back to a 5s? Since I haven't paid off the phone and can't easily shell out $750 to pay it off... am I stuck with it?

----------

I like the size of the 5s more.

10. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

You could try selling it. I don't think you'll get fully what you owe on it but you should get most of it back.

11. merc-tt thread starter macrumors member

But I can't sell it if I haven't paid it off?

12. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yes you can still sell it.

13. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Basically, you said you can't afford the money to pay off the phone. Well, sell it and use the money to pay it odd and then buy the new phone. That's about all you can do. They can't stop you from selling it and then using the money to pay the phone off.

I buy all my phones outright on T-Mobile so I can get multiple phones whenever I want.

14. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

Yes you can, the issue arises if you sell it, then don't pay it off.

15. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

If you sell it just take that money and pay off the Edge program. If you don't you'll still be stuck making payments on something you no longer have.

16. merc-tt thread starter macrumors member

Good for you.

17. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Go onto your verizon account and look at your EDGE agreement. That will tell you how much you owe. You probably don't owe 750 anymore, if it's been three months you probably owe high 600s on it. Verizon will happily tell you how much it costs to get out of EDGE entirely if you want.

So if you can sell your 6+ for 700 or better, you'll be fine. But that won't give you the cash to buy a 5S, so you either need to buy a 5S on contract with Verizon when you pay off EDGE or you will need to pay out of pocket for the difference.

Does that help?

18. merc-tt thread starter macrumors member

Yes thank you for the concise answer. Much appreciated.

19. CYKBC macrumors 6502

I'd drop my i6 for a current iPod sized iPhone. Thing is perfect size.

20. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

You have a grace period to pay off your iPhone but if you don't pay it off, I believe the carrier can brick your iPhone and your buyer will get screwed. If you sold it on eBay, eBay will repay the buyer and stick you with the bill.

21. C DM macrumors Westmere

As long as you keep on making the payments on the financing/loan (which is really what it basically), I don't believe they care what it is that you do with the phone or if you use it or not.

22. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Are you aware If this is the case with AT&T's Next plan as well? I was under the impression you couldn't sell a device that is on an installment plan.

23. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I know you can sell a phone that you're making payments on via AT&T NEXT. However, if you sell the phone and stop making payments, I believe AT&T can blacklist the phone.

24. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

After having the 4.7" 6, I could never go back to a 4" or smaller screen, way too cramped! I used to always say that I loved the 3.5" screen on my old 4S and wouldnt need a bigger display.

Good luck getting it all sorted out.

25. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

REMEMBER, if you decide to sell it on say craigslist be sure to let them know its not paid off yet and ask if someone wants to take over payments, if you don't and say u stop making payments or you switch carriers with that balance still on there, the person you sold it to will be azzed out in a few months. Their phone will stop working completely and you will probably be no where to be found, jacking his phone up and your credit if its not paid off yet.