IPhone 6. Possible Battery Issues. Replace Battery or New Phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jaybar, May 10, 2017.

1. jaybar macrumors 6502a

jaybar

Hi

My husbands iPhone 6 (release day) is now acting strange. Even with light use, the charge plummets from 60-80% down to 1%, periodically and unpredictably.

Should he consider having Apple replace the battery/ otherwise repair the phone OR should he just get a 7? The fall is not far away, but the iPhone 8 may be very delayed and the phone, as it is can be difficult to use with a randomly plummeting battery.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Jay

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

It depends if he wants to upgrade or not, or wait until the iPhone 8. I would suggest looking into the iPhone 7. Mainly being the iPhone 7 would be supported longer and you can find some great sale prices. And some carriers have incentive trade in's where the iPhone 6 could be traded into for a credit and get the new iPhone 7 for a low cost.

Otherwise, Apple can conduct a battery test in Store or on the phone if the battery is in need of replacement.

3. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaybar

Thanks. I assume Apple Store would also give a trade-in? We have Apple Store gift cards we have not used.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I don't believe Apple allows a trade in with your device. Only carriers from my understanding. I would call and ask to be sure.