(iPhone 6) Power/Volume button loose?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cherish, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Cherish macrumors member

Are the power/volume buttons supposed to be slightly loose when you try to move it up and down with your thumb? No rattling noise when I shake it.

It only happens to the up volume button and power button. Lower volume button feels solid.

2. clickiphone macrumors newbie

I think your phone has manufacturing error and need to report in Apple Store. This problem happens before in iPhone 5 series. You just need to go to the store and get a replacement.

3. Cherish thread starter macrumors member

Is power button loose really a defect and it should be tight solid that can't be moved slightly? Just wondering cause I tried my sister iPhone 6 and some of the Apple store demo sets and they were loose too.

It doesn't make any rattle noise when I shake it, can only hear it if I tried to move the power button left and right with my thumb. Home button is solid though. Don't think I want to exchange another model and get the same problem again.

4. Jjt06530 macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem. Going to the Apple Store tomorow

5. Jjt06530 macrumors newbie

Hey so Went to the Apple Store today and they told me it was normal . I asked him how could he be so sure and he handed over his own personal iphone for me to see and it did exactly the same thing , sorted although I do personally think for such an expensive device the buttons she be tighter and not wobbly . Anyway love my iPhone so I am going to try and forget about this little minor defect

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Does the buttons work?
    If they all work then its normal and they wont replace or do anything about it.
    If there is a defect and the button doesn't function then its a problem and will be serviced.
    Stop wasting yours and everyone elses time over OCD stuff.
    The Apple stores are crowded enough.