iPhone 6 Pre-Order failure

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by InternetDude08, Sep 12, 2014.

1. InternetDude08 macrumors regular

Well no one has started a thread yet to say what a fail the pre-order process has been either through the app or Apple.com.

Cluster**** is a word that comes to mind.

2. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

It amazes me that after all these years, they still can't get a good website that can handle massive traffic. It's unacceptable!

3. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Very surprised the web store is still down. Not their first rodeo, must be a big error somewhere in their system.

4. wxnats macrumors 6502a

I understand that there are millions of people hitting the servers at the same time, but come on Apple, they should have prepared for this. The iPad app and iPhone app were both showing completely different things for the same phone at the same time (unavailable vs. ships in 7-10 days etc).

5. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

THANK GOD! WE need ANOTHER Pre-ORDER THREAD!

Seriously, thank you.

6. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

I ordered two phones through the app. Some issues but got both emails stating the orders are being processed.

7. davefromca macrumors 6502

Lol Ive already said it a few times that this is just like 2012. You guys are making me feel nostalgic.

8. houssein31 macrumors regular

i bought 2 phones...and i can't cancel one of my orders because the site is down

9. Steve121178 macrumors 601

Steve121178

People love to moan!

If you want a hassle free experience just order later in the day. No system can cope with millions of maniacs repeatedly smashing the F5 key or reloading the app over and over and over.

10. jakesparky32 macrumors newbie

I finally was able to buy 2 iphone 6's 64GB one in Silver and the other in Space Gray on the App. Took awhile of going back and forth and trying different options. Finally for the second order checked upgrade availability and proceeded to purchase from that route and was successful. Got confirmation emails and delivery for 9/19! Keep trying.

11. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

That's the part that pissed me off the most! Makes no damn sense

12. CostaC macrumors newbie

Reserved!

Was just able to go online and reserve 2 phones at our local apple store for pick up on the 19th! woot! I made it!