Iphone 6 prices reducing, when do we think?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GRANTCKING, May 30, 2015.

1. GRANTCKING macrumors regular

as title suggests, when do we think we will see the iphone 6 come down in price, new and 2nd hand? will apple keep it the same price until the new phone is released?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple doesn't reduce the price, unless its going to be available when the S model comes out. So to answer your question this fall.

As for used prices, it will take a hit once the S model comes out and people start selling theirs, i.e., increased supply drives the price down.

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

4. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

I'm looking to time my upgrade just right, cheaper price and still with 64gb storage. If I leave it too long I'll only be able to get the 6 in 8gb

5. rui no onna, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015

rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Apple doesn't really discount devices but the carriers will.

Given I've just received an email from Verizon offering $200 off for the iPhone 6/6 Plus if I upgrade (with either 2-year or EDGE), I'm thinking they're starting already. :)

They do the 8GB downgrade for the "free" iPhone. For the next tier up, I believe Apple now offers 2 storage models. In general though, I've found carrier discounts just prior to the new iPhone's release to be much better.