Iphone 6 prices reducing, when do we think?

GRANTCKING

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
as title suggests, when do we think we will see the iphone 6 come down in price, new and 2nd hand? will apple keep it the same price until the new phone is released?

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Apple doesn't reduce the price, unless its going to be available when the S model comes out. So to answer your question this fall.

As for used prices, it will take a hit once the S model comes out and people start selling theirs, i.e., increased supply drives the price down.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68000
Aug 24, 2013
I'm looking to time my upgrade just right, cheaper price and still with 64gb storage. If I leave it too long I'll only be able to get the 6 in 8gb

rui no onna

macrumors G3
Oct 25, 2013
Apple doesn't really discount devices but the carriers will.

Given I've just received an email from Verizon offering $200 off for the iPhone 6/6 Plus if I upgrade (with either 2-year or EDGE), I'm thinking they're starting already. :)

I'm looking to time my upgrade just right, cheaper price and still with 64gb storage. If I leave it too long I'll only be able to get the 6 in 8gb
They do the 8GB downgrade for the "free" iPhone. For the next tier up, I believe Apple now offers 2 storage models. In general though, I've found carrier discounts just prior to the new iPhone's release to be much better.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.