iPhone 6 problems (Touch ID and Update)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pSyCO_007, Mar 9, 2016.

1. pSyCO_007, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016

pSyCO_007 macrumors newbie

So I bought an iPhone 6 from a friend and was setting it up. I get to the Touch ID set up and get an error message. Did it about 3 or 4 times. No luck. So I skip the Touch ID set keep going. I finish the set up and ask if I want to update to 9.2.1. I click update and I keep getting an error message. Is there anything I can do to fix the update error and will replacing the home button fix the Touch ID ?[​IMG][​IMG]

2. GalFieri macrumors regular

GalFieri

Is there any content you wanted saved on there? If so, back it up if possible and then try to restoring the phone with iTunes to start fresh (don't restore from backup at first) and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, then there's something wrong with the hardware.

3. pSyCO_007 thread starter macrumors newbie

I erased the phone from the settings when I first got it. So there was nothing on it and set it up as new iPhone. I get the Touch ID error during set up. The other error is after set up

4. GalFieri macrumors regular

GalFieri

I still recommend trying to restore as a new iPhone using iTunes if at all possible. "Reinstalling" the OS may achieve a different result from just erasing all the content and settings. Touch ID was working for your friend before you bought it?