iPhone 6 protruding camera lens. Any problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by saprahan, Sep 30, 2014.

1. saprahan macrumors newbie

saprahan

I am actually very confused with new iPhone's camera lens. Is it going to make any problems? Damages, scratches? As for me, looks not very reliable :( I really liked flat back surface of previous iPhones, I have 5S for example.

I am not a fan of cases, but this new lens makes me worried. I have found at least one new device on kickstarter whick is going to solve this problem.
    But still it looks to rubbish and crude...

[​IMG] (third one)

Maybe anyone knows, is there something more convenient?

2. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

It doesn't stick out very far at all...like about as thick as a credit card or a few hairs more. The lens is also sapphire so you don't have to worry about scratching or breaking it especially how small it is. I suppose you could scratch the metal ring around the lens, but man normal wear and tear is going to happen. I honestly wouldn't be worried about that either.

Don't be fooled by any videos or claims that it will get caught when putting phone in your pocket, etc. It doesn't stick out that far. I was really wondering about it before my phone came but after seeing it- no biggie.