iphone 6 + ram memory??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by callawayno1, Mar 27, 2015.

1. callawayno1 macrumors member

can some one with a 6 + tell me if its enough ram memory with 1gb ? is there any issues with it so low ? i am thinking of switching to a iphone 6 + but coming from 3 to 1 gb ram seems like it could be problems?

2. gardiboy macrumors 6502a

iOS itself is very smooth and fluid. If you came from Android, you will be able to feel it.

1GB runs fine on an average, but if you do some heavy multitasking, the apps will 'reload' or 'refresh' themselves as there is a limited amount programs, the RAM can hold. This is some sort of like apps, 'losing their last saved state / position'.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Nothing more needs to be said. Everything is fluid and runs fine, but multitasking is pretty nonexistent. If you leave an app for more than about a minute it will reload. This is not specific to the 6+, but the 6 as well. I am sure we will see 2GB is the new phones, same as the iPad air 2.

If you have a new android phone and multi-task a lot, you will be pretty disappointed. I always feel like I am rushing to multi-task on the iPhone. If I leave an app, I move at superman speed to prevent the reload.

4. Mcdevidr macrumors 6502a

I use my phone all the time. Six plus gold. It is great. I don't notice the ram issues. sometimes pages reload it doesn't bother me. I don't really want to multi task on my phone though. I'm not interested in doing my dissertation and research on my phone. I use it for email and web browsing throughout the day.

5. gardiboy macrumors 6502a

Yup. The reloads are more prominent when you start to open those 'heavy main apps' such as Facebook, Instagram, Feedly, LINE, Viber and etc.'. Open all that, browse the contents for at least 5 minutes, load pictures and try switching back to WhatsApp or App Store lastly. A good chance that both apps will reload themselves as it would have been purged from memory.

To lessen the reloads, either close apps after using (which is unproductive), or just reboot your phone to clear up the memory.

I have tested the iPad Air 2 (2GB RAM) and I must say it keeps Safari tabs in memory and huge games in memory much longer.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I do very light multitasking. Getting something off of a website to enter into a note or email. If I take a little bit too long, the site has reloaded and I need to re-login. It's a problem, and the extra RAM will address it.

7. gardiboy macrumors 6502a

2GB of RAM will make everything much more comfortable...

8. Mcdevidr macrumors 6502a

I run into these issues occasionally and they are somewhat annoying. But it doesn't make me want to get another phone. I'm happy with this and I'll get the new one when that comes out and be happy with that.