iPhone 6 Reachability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattroman246, Sep 19, 2014.

1. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

I have it checked under accessibilities to double tap per default to enable reachability but it does not work, all i get is the usual that you'd see on an iPhone 5 <

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

You're not actually pressing the Touch ID button, right? You double tap it (lightly), don't press it down.

3. CalvinB, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

CalvinB macrumors newbie

Bump--reachability not working for me either for my brand new 6 that I got today. I checked under accessibility and made sure that it was on and have been double tapping (not clicking) the home button on the home screen and various other apps and it doesn't do anything. Side note: I have Touch ID enabled and set up to unlock my device + App Store purchases just as an fyi.

Update: just did a hard reset and it's working fine--to the OP, try that and see if it works for you.

4. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

It's working fine here on my iPhone 6. It is actually a really great feature..

5. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

It works fine for me with a quick double tap.

I'm sure the answer is no, but is it possible to leverage the "touch" feature for other things? I would so much rather "tap" to close apps then actually press the home button.

After 100 presses a day, everyday, they get loose and creaky.

My iPod Touch did, my iPhone 4S did, my iPad 3 sometimes does.