Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

finglonger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
Hi all,

I've been trawling the web with no luck trying to find whether anyone has made a non-vinyl sticker type material back skin for the 6 yet. Ideally real wood, but leather would be fine (and if Posh Projects want to make an iPhone 6 version of their Luna concrete skin, that'd be awesome!). Some sites have them advertised, but with obvious mock-ups and photoshopped images so it's virtually impossible to see what they'd be like in use and how well they'd cover the back of the phone.

I really don't like cases, and previously used a wood skin from carved.com on my iPhone 5 (and had one on my 4S before that) - it was all the protection I needed and I much prefer having a stick-on skin as then I know no dirt/grit will be getting between the case and the phone and grinding scratches in in secret. I'd love to have much the same for the 6 as it'd be minimal while adding grip and (hopefully) being just thick enough to make the camera lens sit flush.

Anyone got any leads or managed to get their hands on this sort of thing yet?

finglonger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
Thanks for that - the toast one looks pretty good and I hadn't seen the video before. Hate the ones with chopped-off corners though, that's second only to cases with holes cut out for the Apple logo in annoyance for me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.