iPhone 6 - Rear Apple Logo Gap?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RPG97, Mar 11, 2015.

1. RPG97 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm interested to know something from you iPhone 6 owners. I noticed my iPhone 6 has a clear gap around the Apple logo on the back. I checked my mom's and hers is the same way, although it's way more misaligned at the top. Previous iPhones haven't had logos that were separate components. Personally I would prefer it to be etched into the back...

Here is what I'm talking about:
    [​IMG]

Do any of your phones have this same thing? It's not a problem, I am just curious. Try to have the logo mirror a white surface, it's easier to see that way.

I have major OCD lol

2. pastNote4owner macrumors newbie

pastNote4owner

Mine doesn't have this gap. I wouldn't be that worried about it, to be honest. Unless it is affecting the function of the phone, is it really that big a deal?

3. RPG97 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, it's not a big deal at all, but it does bother me a little. Interesting yours doesn't have it.

4. pastNote4owner macrumors newbie

pastNote4owner

I have the space grey 6 plus, and I just looked very closely. It does not have a visible gap. I'm guessing that it's not an issue that will cause problems. Consider yourself unique, and make sure to list this rare discrepancy on eBay when you go to sell it ;)

5. RPG97 thread starter macrumors newbie

Huh, weird.

It actually doesn't seem to be too rare, lol. Here is my mother's phone for comparison.

[​IMG]

My iPhone is perfect otherwise so I'm fine with it, I suppose.

6. pastNote4owner macrumors newbie

pastNote4owner

I took a quick picture of mine, just to show you. What might appear to be a slight gap towards the top is just a lighting issue.
    [​IMG]

7. RPG97 thread starter macrumors newbie

Could you try to reflect the logo over a piece of paper or something, if it's not too much? I can't notice anything when it's dark like that.

8. karthik11950 macrumors newbie

karthik11950

Attached Files:

9. brianjsw macrumors member

That's not normal but don't think that's worth returning and risking a bigger problem with the replacement. Last year they printed the FCC text crooked it's always something I guess!

10. alifrangga macrumors newbie

alifrangga

Mine has a gap too. Is that ok?

11. Nancy bout macrumors regular

Mine was (sold it) seemed a little lighter on one end than other so yeah it's common

12. Nancy bout macrumors regular

I mean the Apple looking like that? Not a whole Apple? Isn't that normal? My phone is like that too
    I never would've even paid attention to that lol