iPhone 6 Replacment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan22, Jun 22, 2016.

1. AppleFan22 macrumors regular

Due to recently becoming a victim of the so called #CrescentGate defect, I have booked myself a Genuis Bar appointment, and should be getting either a reparation or a replacement iPhone 6. Is there any chance I could upgrade that to either an iPhone 6 with more storage, or even an iPhone 6S with more storage? Anyone familiar with the matter? I fee entitled to it, seeing as this current phone is the THIRD iPhone 6 I've had that's gone faulty...

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You may feel entitled to it but Apple only replaces like with like.

If you want to buy a new phone with the capacity you want you can use the replacement for trade in value, but entitlement or no Apple won't give you anything more than what you have.

3. Matthew.H macrumors 6502

Matthew.H

I'm pretty sure they replace the front panel for the isight camera fault. If they do give you a refurb instead it will be a like for like replacement. The only way to get more storage or the 6S would be to sell your current 6 and buy another phone.

4. AppleFan22 thread starter macrumors regular

Not that I feel entitled to it, I meant would I be able to may a little extra to make the move up
    --- Post Merged, Jun 22, 2016 ---
    See last post, didn't want it for free...

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

They will not accept anything to bump you up when you replace. Because they will not allow a change. Not a change in color, or capacity, or model. They only replace exactly what you give them.

Again, if you want to move up it will require a purchase of a new phone either with Apple or your carrier.