iPhone 6 requires less pressure to be plugged in!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anaqvi786, Feb 19, 2015.

1. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

I recently switched to T-Mobile and picked up a new 6. Really love the phone so far!

I noticed when plugging in my lightning cable into my phone, it's a lot easier vs plugging it into an iPhone 5. It almost feels like back in the days of 30 pin. The iPhone 5 required a little more pressure to be plugged in to!

Does your iPhone 6 also plug in more easily? :)

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

These things are mass produced. There will be tolerances at work and some lightning ports will be tight, some more loose.
    My 6+ actually has a firmer port than my old i5.

3. anaqvi786 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, thanks for the insight. I guess it could just be how each port is installed then! For a second I thought Apple made it easy to plug your phone in lol.

4. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I'm with the OP, when I picked up my 6 a couple weeks ago, when I first charged it, I noticed it plugged in easier than my 5s did. I thought it was odd for a quick minute, but after that, I haven't really thought about it. As long as it charges my battery, that's all I'm worried about it.

5. Merkie macrumors 68020

It's also possible that a lot of dust has accumulated in the Lightning port over time.

6. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

This... between my 4s and my 5? The 6+ requires an INSANE amount of force to plug and unplug the charge cable - so much so it's kinda annoying but ... better than too loose I guess... Makes a very audible click.