iPhone 6 requires less pressure to be plugged in!

anaqvi786

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
At iOS planet
I recently switched to T-Mobile and picked up a new 6. Really love the phone so far!

I noticed when plugging in my lightning cable into my phone, it's a lot easier vs plugging it into an iPhone 5. It almost feels like back in the days of 30 pin. The iPhone 5 required a little more pressure to be plugged in to!

Does your iPhone 6 also plug in more easily? :)

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I recently switched to T-Mobile and picked up a new 6. Really love the phone so far!

I noticed when plugging in my lightning cable into my phone, it's a lot easier vs plugging it into an iPhone 5. It almost feels like back in the days of 30 pin. The iPhone 5 required a little more pressure to be plugged in to!

Does your iPhone 6 also plug in more easily? :)
These things are mass produced. There will be tolerances at work and some lightning ports will be tight, some more loose.
My 6+ actually has a firmer port than my old i5.

anaqvi786

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
At iOS planet
These things are mass produced. There will be tolerances at work and some lightning ports will be tight, some more loose.
Wow, thanks for the insight. I guess it could just be how each port is installed then! For a second I thought Apple made it easy to plug your phone in lol.

nburwell

macrumors 601
May 6, 2008
DE
I'm with the OP, when I picked up my 6 a couple weeks ago, when I first charged it, I noticed it plugged in easier than my 5s did. I thought it was odd for a quick minute, but after that, I haven't really thought about it. As long as it charges my battery, that's all I'm worried about it.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
It's also possible that a lot of dust has accumulated in the Lightning port over time.

BigMcGuire

Contributor
Jan 10, 2012
California
This... between my 4s and my 5? The 6+ requires an INSANE amount of force to plug and unplug the charge cable - so much so it's kinda annoying but ... better than too loose I guess... Makes a very audible click.