iPhone 6 Resell Value

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IpadMania, Sep 11, 2014.

1. IpadMania macrumors regular

Lets talk about most coveted iphone models wanted around the world and how much money can be made working as a middleman

2. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Gold. Double off-contract price. How many ringers you got in your crew? Also, didn't Apple screw you guys with in-store pickup?

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Dunno if gold will be the coveted model this year. Maybe? I liked how it looked last year. This year I think the silver and grey are the sharpest of the bunch.

4. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

KieranDotW

Let's not and leave the iPhone stock to people who actually want them, not scalpers looking to make a quick buck.

5. falcora macrumors 6502

Honestly I think last year may have been a fluke. It was the first year that Apple had a gold iphone available, and they drastically underestimated the demand for it. I doubt they will make that same mistake again. Don't get me wrong, supplies will likely be tight on all models across the board for a few weeks, but I doubt we will see anything like last year again.

6. IpadMania thread starter macrumors regular

Agree on the gold fluke last year. The additional 6+ demand could make for an interesting gameplan though.

7. timeconsumer macrumors 68000

timeconsumer

This in my opinion is a unique year. In previous years the entry level, mid-level and top-level has been different.

Last year: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
    This year: 16GB, 64GB, 128GB

To break this down even more for this year.

The mid-level is 4x the storage capacity of the entry level iPhone.
    The top-level is 8x the storage capacity of the entry level iPhone.

In previous years it wasn't enticing to upgrade, but in my opinion, this year it is worth the price cost from entry/base to mid-level. If you like to store a lot of content on your phone then the 128GB might be the way to go. However, I feel the 64GB is the best "bang for your buck" this year. Whereas in previous years I've always recommended the 16GB. Only time will tell.

8. IpadMania thread starter macrumors regular

Good point on the 64gb option. This should sell out first in all colors.

9. IpadMania thread starter macrumors regular

10. IpadMania thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like a cluster**** happened last night and unless you spend 3-4+ hrs reloading you got ****ed and lost out on the elusive 6+ tmobile models shipping to you by 9/19. WTF APPLE!

11. mateen110 macrumors regular

How do you guys resell att/verizon/sprint devices if the sim card is in the device already and requires activation? Just curious....

12. Koziakauzu macrumors member

I desperately tried to pre-order one at work in vain. I wanted a Space Gray iPhone 6 - 64GB.

Around 15 coworkers from my department managed to get 2 iphones/person. They just grabbed anything that was available during their F5 pressing party, 6/6+/16/64/128/white/gold/gray. Anything.
    They all are going to be re-sold. I don't even have the vocabulary to describe this trash of humanity.

Anyway the news did their job to pump them up about the reselling price in China, even before knowing what would be the availability of the product.

Oh yeah, I live in HK, the kingdom of scalpers.

13. IpadMania thread starter macrumors regular

Well looking like the 6+ is gonna be worth 2k over retail. Good luck tracking that down if you aren't already in line. People sitting at the computer last friday night and not having apple store pop missed out on 2-4k profit.