Iphone 6 Resell Value

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IpadMania, Sep 18, 2014.

1. IpadMania macrumors regular

How much over retail will the Iphone 6 fetch. Not to include the 6+

2. uchosen macrumors 6502

See double-U double-U double-U dot ebay dot com...

3. Izauze macrumors 6502

I can vouch for the fact that's a good site. I have it bookmarked.

4. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

base model iphone 6 will probably realistically fetch $800 max... the market is gonna be crazy saturated.
    I guess $100 profit isn't that bad... but there's no way I see anyone actually paying $900 to a grand for it. These will be ALL over eBay and Craigslist

the iPhone 6+ is gonna have insane resell value though... just based on the shortages I've read about.

5. uchosen macrumors 6502

Check out that site called Google. I really think the Googler is going places!

6. 1968 macrumors regular

As a 14 year ebay veteran, I would never even think of trying to sell a newly released iPhone there.

95% of the bids will be from people from Latvia with zero or negative feedback who want to send you Western Union.

4% will be ridicuously high bids from kids goofing around who have no intention of paying.

The remaining 1% will be people who initiate a PayPal chargeback once they have the phone in their hands. If you do get your phone or money back, it will be a long tedious process.

7. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Newsflash: It's Loogle! ;)

8. kywildcats macrumors member

I sold 3 iPhone 5s' on ebay last year with no trouble whatsoever.

I may have been incredibly lucky though.

9. TahoeDust macrumors 6502

That movie kills me.

10. WolfSnap macrumors 6502a

WolfSnap

iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ will both sell like crazy. People would rather pay a few bucks to buy it "NOW" than wait in a line, wait for shipping, etc..

I wouldn't sell a bag of peanuts for only $100 profit.

11. MSK5959 macrumors member

I agree, for $100 and the aggravation of selling it I'm not remotely interested, now double my price, and my interest goes way up...but I still think I'd rather have the phone.

12. libu macrumors member

libu

:))))

Honestly though, I think just the Plus models are the hot ticket items, not regular.

13. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Or you could return it, or not buy it, to allow someone who's waiting for theirs to get one.

14. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Resellers out in force this year. A friend who works in an Apple Store was telling me that there were crazy amounts of people looking to buy fully loaded gift cards to pass around to their minions.

15. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It's been like that since the iPhone 4. If you look carefully at all the queue photos, you'll see it's all the same group of people working together across stores.

16. nfl46 macrumors 603

I'm hoping to find one online for a reasonable price by Christmas. Right now, it's a mess...these phones are going for a lot on eBay right now. Woah.

17. accountforit macrumors 6502a

You might want to learn the ins and outs after 14 years on the site. For one, you can eliminate 95% of your quoted problem by blocking bidders from outside North America. Two, you can eliminate the other 4% you quoted by making it a Buy It Now auction with immediate payment required. After that, by your calculations, you have a 99% chance of success.

Some people are just paranoid as hell and too lazy to learn the ropes.

OP - there are a bunch of phones listed on ebay now for just a tad over retail. I assume these people just used their subsidy to get the phones. If that keeps up, then selling after you purchased for full retail won't be worth it.