iPhone 6+: Restore from iCloud Taking Forever

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by segrobja, Sep 14, 2015.

1. segrobja macrumors regular

Had one of my iPhone 6+'s swapped out today because it was acting weird with locking on to no signal and the Apple Care is up at the end of this week. Phone was swapped at 2pm, restore from iCloud started at 3pm. It's now 12am, all of my apps and photos seems to be loaded, all settings are loaded, but the phone still says "Restoring from iCloud Backup". Is this normal?

2. OCGirlie macrumors newbie

It used to take me about 24 hours or even more to restore from iCloud. I kinda just left it there and let it do its thing. I realized I had alot of photos and it also takes time if you have alot of songs.

3. segrobja thread starter macrumors regular

All my photos are in iCloud and I keep no music on my phone, everything is streaming.

4. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Not sure if this would be shorter but perhaps trying to back it up to your computer and restore from there. That's the method I usually use unless I'm not home or near my computer.

5. Ninerboy81 macrumors regular

Ninerboy81

That happened to me! I was coming from a beta to GM and in between the betas I broke my screen and apple replaced the phone. I restored from a backup and it 3 days, it kept saying "restoring from back up". Then out of nowhere it says that it couldn't finish and failed but I had every app and every picture and video. I know that did. It give you advice but just same thing I went through.