iPhone 6 Restore (Photos)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by webjeff, Jul 24, 2015.

1. webjeff macrumors member

Hello,

I'm SOOO confused and I'm a programmer (I'm embarrassed) :/

I'm a bit lost, can someone help me understand what's going on. Long story short, my phone broke and I got a new iPhone 6 today. I had all my stuff backed up in the cloud. Now, I restored the phone, my apps are back and so are my contacts, background, etc.

My photo's are empty :( Now, in your phone you have "Photos", "Shared" and "Albums". When I got my iPhone 6 (upgraded from 5 a while ago) I noticed my photos were no longer in Camera Roll, but moved to a folder I believe in Photo's and I could click on Collections and click Years and it would show my huge history of Photo's. However, new photos went into the "Album" section --- so confusing. Anyway, as long as they were somewhere I didn't care.

My macbook's Photo application opens up and I see my huge history of photos, even the ones I recently took, so it's not like they are lost forever.

My question is, why don't I see them on my phone? I believe with my first iPhone 6, the photo's weren't physically on the device, but on the cloud (so I thought) which is why they appeared in that other folder "Photos". However, with this latest restore, I don't see anything. I took 3 photos and see them in both Photos and Albums.

I'm so lost, any idea whats going on?

One last thing, on my macbook in Photos, if I click on preferences I see (unchecked) iCloud Photo Library, (Checked) My Photo Stream, (Checked) iCloud Photo Sharing.

Thanks
    Jeff.

2. techspin macrumors 6502a

You can check your iCloud settings to see if photos is on or off. At least you imported your photos onto your mac.