iPhone 6 Rotation weirdness

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AppleInLVX, Sep 22, 2014.

1. AppleInLVX macrumors 6502a

AppleInLVX

I've noticed that the camera app is a little wonky. Pictures taken in landscape more with the volume rocker facing up result in images that are turned 90 CCW in the photos app. I'm never looking at the right orientation for the screen. I cannot scroll through the photos like I used to; there doesn't seem to be a swipe left/right to scroll. I don't get it. The rotation lock is off, so that's not it. I'm wondering if my accelerometer is defective, or if there's something else I've missed. Any suggestions from the group?

Thanks!

2. durangojim macrumors regular

I've noticed this often too. Seems like there's some kind of camera bug because about 15-20% of my photos are in the wrong orientation.

3. AppleInLVX thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleInLVX

I was beginning to think I was the only one. I haven't done any follow-up yet as I haven't been at the Apple Store since I bought the device. I'll post what they tell me whenever I get a chance to go there. Let me know if you learn anything.

More and more though, it's feeling like this is just a minor annoyance that'll be fixed with 8.0.1.

4. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

There are a lot of vertical use/rotation issues right now. iOS 8 has bugs. It affects my iPad 3 and iPhone 6.

5. PegasusTenma macrumors regular

PegasusTenma

I had the same problem, actually the screen wouldn't rotate at all. A reset pressing down both the home and lock buttons at the same time until it restarts fixed it for me. Give it a try!

6. meihcydna macrumors regular

I've been getting this issue a lot ever since I updated to 8.0.2. Soft reboot always fixes this but I dont want to reboot each time this happens

7. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Same. Glad I'm not the only one lol. I'm just gonna keep orientation lock on until it's fixed, unfortunately.

8. fxbeta macrumors member

fxbeta

I'm on 8.0 (not .2) and I've had this issue with some of my photos. Didn't really pay attention to whether they were taken with the volume button vs the touchscreen but I'll try both next time to see if there is a pattern.

9. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

This is driving me nuts. Anyone know if this rotation madness is hardware or software?

I recorded a vid yesterday in landscape, today I can't watch it in landscaper, plays it sideways or upside down.

Did a FaceTime call tonight my wife was sideways, and I could not get the phone to frame her Anway but upside down or sideways.

Wtf is ios8 this ******, or is my phone bad in anyone's opinion?

10. flux73 macrumors 65816

Same issue. Hope it's not a hardware problem. I'm also having problems with the screen rotating 90 degrees to landscape orientation, and when I try to rotate it back to portrait, it stays stuck in landscape no matter how many times I try to rotate it back to portrait.

11. evorc macrumors 6502a

evorc

I've experienced it. I highly doubt it's software. In that regards I'm not too worried.

12. bluewomble88 macrumors regular

Eh?

Why wouldn't it be software?

13. kyjaotkb macrumors 6502a

Same problem here. Most photos end up in portrait. Looks like the double accelerometer setup is not working too well so far... Hopefully it is fixable by a software update.

14. evorc macrumors 6502a

evorc

My bad I meant I doubt it's hardware.