iPhone 6 Rubber Type Skin?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Cattywampus_, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502a

Hi,

So I have an iPhone 6 and from day one it became glaringly obvious that this thing was like a bar of soap.

With previous iPhones i have always felt like there was enough of a good grip without the need to protect it. But the sheer thinness coupled with the slippery aluminium body lead me to believe that this was destined to be dropped.

I quickly bought myself a couple of Apple silicone cases which gives a much better grip (and obviously protects from drops somewhat). Problem is, although the Apple cases aren't the bulkiest cases available, when you've got a phone that is as thin as the 6, any extra bulk is felt dramatically, and it kinda detracts from the coolness of having such a thin phone.

While it wouldn't be the end of the world if there was no alternative, I was wondering wether anyone can recommend some sort of case/skin that is ultra thin but is made of a rubber type material? Something that adds virtually no bulk, but gives a decent grip?

Any advice? Thanks.

2. eko91 macrumors regular

I know what you are talking about. Although I wold love to carry around my phone without a case, I DO NOT want to risk my phone from cracking. I always look for cases that are made out of silicon or thermal plastic urethane (TPU).
    I have this case, and it keeps my phone thin AND protects it from all kinds of drops. Let you know, I drop my phone at least once a week!! This is just an example of the kind of phone case you might want to get. Since its clear, you can also show off your iPhone! :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PINK-Transp...316?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9c7e7214