Iphone 6 Running Warm?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gkn77, Sep 19, 2014.

1. gkn77 macrumors newbie

I love it so far but it seems to be running a bit hot. Anyone else notice this?

2. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

When I was setting it up it got pretty warm but cooled down when I let it sit. between the bigger screen and it doing a lot of actions (downloading apps, etc) I'd expect it to warm up

3. leitmotif macrumors regular

Mine was quite warm earlier. This was after about 3 hour of "use". The battery went down to 50% by that time as well.

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Immediately after opening my 6+ felt like it was on fire. It now feels normal

5. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

It's supposed to have better heat management, and the way I see it is-

The phone is better at dissipating heat from the internals to the case, which is essentially a heat sink. Meaning- the phone will feel hotter on the OUTSIDE, but may actually be running cooler on the INSIDE.

Therefore the people complaining (not you, OP) about it getting hot really aren't understanding that there's actually nothing wrong.

Of course I could be wrong.

6. Djentleman macrumors regular

Djentleman

I think the general realisation is that the set up is hardware-intense, so its usually the hottest it'll be. After I finished setting up my Plus - including syncing and the deal - the heat simmered down to what it's been on every other model. Just give it a bit. I think you'll find it's alright :)

7. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

My iPhone 5s is running warm too. It's never done that in the past. After I downloaded iOS8 it was very warm even when I wasn't using it. I'm guessing it's not your phone but iOS8.

btw my 5s is not that old. I've had it for a few months.