iPhone 6 sapphire glass

Badrottie

Suspended
Original poster
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I wonder many of you already bought an iPhone 6/6+ do you plan to buy screen protector? This sapphire glass will not break or scratch at all.

Just curious thats all. :apple:

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
The iPhone 6/6+ doesn't have sapphire. They simply said "Ion Strengthened Glass" at the keynote.

kpigout

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2014
I wonder many of you already bought an iPhone 6/6+ do you plan to buy screen protector? This sapphire glass will not break or scratch at all.

Just curious thats all. :apple:
They did not use the sapphire on the 6's...only the watch.

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Dude, I watched Keynotes with NO CLOSED CAPTIONED and all stupid rumors about sapphire glass how do I know?? I am deaf I can't hear what they are saying! :apple:
how are you watching the keynotes without close captions if you are deaf?

what do you actually get out of it?

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Getting back on topic.

I haven't used a screen protector since my 3G and have never had a scratch on any screen for the 4, 4S, 5 or 5S. I keep them in a thin case and they are mint when I rotate them out.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Dude, I watched Keynotes with NO CLOSED CAPTIONED and all stupid rumors about sapphire glass how do I know?? I am deaf I can't hear what they are saying! :apple:
If you saw the rumors about the Sapphire glass, it would stand to reason you would've seen the story about it NOT having sapphire glass, and rumors as to why:

https://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/11/sapphire-display-iphone-6-missed/

It was reported right here on this site and many others.

Anyway, how are we to know that you're deaf and couldn't hear the keynote? WE'RE NOT PSYCHIC OMG.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Keep playing that card if it works for you, but the longer you insist that you're different, the more people will treat you as such.

The uses of sapphire and the glass were also broadcast all over major tech news outlets, including this one, and those were in print.

Badrottie

Suspended
Original poster
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
They do have lots of graphics/charts so it would probably still be cool to watch
this....and to see what iPhone is like on the picture. :apple:

----------

If you saw the rumors about the Sapphire glass, it would stand to reason you would've seen the story about it NOT having sapphire glass, and rumors as to why:

https://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/11/sapphire-display-iphone-6-missed/

It was reported right here on this site and many others.

Anyway, how are we to know that you're deaf and couldn't hear the keynote? WE'RE NOT PSYCHIC OMG.
Just look at the picture of new iPhone and Apple Watch thats all. :apple:

----------

after live keynote, they just added closed captioned... I am watching anyway. Quit playing/fun of my deafness! :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.