iPhone 6 scratches?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewtm, Oct 17, 2014.

?

Is your iPhone 6 more susceptible to scratches than previous models?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. andrewtm macrumors regular

I've been reading around lately and have read a lot about the iPhone 6 being much more susceptible to scratches than the previous models. I used my iPhone 4 and 5 without a screen protector and had absolutely no scratches, but I hear this one scratches way easier.

Is your iPhone scratching easier than other models?

Also, are there any screen protectors you'd recommend?

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Seems more durable to me than the 4. Not as durable as the 5. The 5 feels like I could throw it at a concrete floor 23 times until it cracks... Oh wait. I did that. No joke.

3. ljmjag macrumors member

Absolutely more susceptible. I've owned every iPhone - no screen protectors - just a case and almost never an issue. I've had my 6 for less than 2 days, in the leather case since it was taken out of the box and I have a small scratch on the screen already near the top of the phone but not on the "viewable" area. Thought I was out of mind. I've owned the 5s for about a year - not a scratch and before that the 5 for a year - again, not a scratch.

Based upon my admittedly unscientific experience it does seem that the 6 scratches more easily.

By the way, does anyone know how to remove a superficial screen scratch?

4. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Aluminum will scratch easier than hardened glass, but it won't shatter or crack like glass.

5. wxman2003 Suspended

No difference between the 5, 5S or 6 Plus that I have owned. My 5S had a screen scratch 2 weeks into ownership. Just the way it is with the oleophobic coatings. It scratches easily, not the glass. Only minor scratches on the 6 Plus black bezel. Again, the coating scratches easily, not the actual glass. People are getting that confused.

6. themyst macrumors 6502

the OP is talking about the screen not the back.

iphone 4 screen is exceptionally durable; kid tested, daddy approved.

7. lke macrumors 6502a

I am sure that the glass is Corning Gorilla, there is no other company that could build millions of glasses like them.

8. ljmjag macrumors member

I'm referring to the screen - not the body of the device.