iPhone 6+ screen content question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dingo Dave 69, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Dingo Dave 69 macrumors regular

I am still using an iPhone 5 and wondered, does the iPhone 6 and plus show more content on every app or is it mostly larger text? I would like just more content but unsure if this is the case on the majority of apps?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Pretty much every app that's updated uses the screen for more content.

The exception is things like games or stuff like weather apps that have designed a layout to perfectly fit the screen with no scrolling. There's no point for them to shrink their content just to show nothing around it.

3. Dingo Dave 69 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks small white car I thought that was the case was curious. Would you say the majority of apps have been updated to take advantage, or at least for the apps you have used? Thanks

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Most apps are just blown up versions with no more content, but this will hopefully change over time. The Navigon satnav app got updated last night for the 6+.

5. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

There are two ways developers can go about redesigning apps for iPhone 6 and 6+ (especially). 1. They can redesign it to fit more content on the screen, or, 2. They can redesign it to have more functionalities on the screen. So far, I've only seen #1 happen with the apps I use.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The key word is "updated". Everything from Apple, obviously, is updated. There are a ton of apps that are not. I would say at least 50% of the apps I use frequently are not yet updated.

You can easily tell which ones are not updated because everything is just blown up. It's not quite as pronounced as running and iPhone app on an iPad, but it is a similar effect.

7. Dingo Dave 69 thread starter macrumors regular

Great, thanks for clearing this up for me everyone

8. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Good amount of appa have been updated to the 6 6 Plus resolutions and it looks awesome

9. bushman4 macrumors 68000

More content is available on many of the Apps which are designed to be read I.e. maccrumors
    Not every app shows more content however the ones that have been updated usually do